August 6, 2008 (2)

He was perfect.

Ten little fingers and ten little toes and big blue eyes.

He was a normal baby, about 7 pounds and the birth was a dream.

Zeke was born with almost a full head of dark hair. The doctor was stunned. He had never seen a baby with so much hair.

They only took him from me for a short time and before I knew it, we were in our room.

Will got a private room for me, just in case some special friends decided to pop in; which took all of about 10 minutes.

Alice and Israel were the first and of course Ilene had to drop by. It was quite a sight to see Bobby, Jessie, Robbie, Whisper and Will along with the Spirits.

Everyone was excited about the baby, but the most excited one of all was Whisper.

She would not leave my side and she constantly touched Zeke.

He responded to her immediately.

"Can he talk to you sweetie?" I wondered.

"He is trying Mommy, but he is not sure exactly what is going on."

"Well he was just born hun and it will take him time to adjust to all of this, like you had to."

Alice and Israel were at the side of my bed. Alice had a tear in her eye.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked her.

She smiled and shook her head. "No, it is best that I don't. He has to bond with you."

She touched his head and then stroked my hair.

"You are a wonderful mother, Evangeline, but even more than that, you are an amazing woman and friend."

I looked around.

"You kind of have to be amazing to put up with all this."

Alice laughed. "Yes, this is pretty amazing."

She looked at Israel, "Come my love. We have to go."

Ilene nodded her agreement.

"Come Spirits; let us leave the family to themselves."

In the blink of an eye, they were all gone.

Bobby and Jessie got up as well. "We are going to go too."

"No, please stay," Will insisted.

Bobby kissed me on the forehead and then kissed Zeke.

"You guys need some family time."

Jessie agreed.

"We have to get Robbie home. He is falling asleep there."

I looked over at Robbie, sleeping in the big arm chair. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was nearly midnight.