Harbinger Of The End: II

Start from the beginning

Forgive my misgivings for the pain, but I can't fight if you're going to be so keen on my protection...! I'm... not some porcelain doll!

I committed a swift act of betrayal, turning away the care and concern of my friend, and instead dealing them a heavy strike in the face of their kindness.

The tight grip of her hand uncoiled from Aestus, and the rough feeling of Typhoon's shoulder being burrowed into my gut vanished. Taking a sudden nap after a throbbing bash to the sensitive spot of their neck, the goddess's body dipped forward unnaturally and shortly began to nosedive for the ground, with me freefalling not far afterward with the support their figure previously provided in keeping me airborne now absent from the equation.

No time for the Phantasm... Heed my call Aestus, and grant me the power lying within that I seek!

"HAAAAAA!"

Finding my hands wandering their way around my beloved Aestus who fell behind me, a well of power burst to life from the magical energy I poured into it, surging around the blade.

Flipping the hold on my hilt, so the blade faced opposite my thumb- a perfect reverse grip form, the ferocious, energized flames roared forth with the simple command I gave my body; my muscles, and joints to act, swinging Aestus over my shoulder as Silva neared point-blank range.

The emblazoned attacks set to collide. My wave of heat vs his fist... but the expected result never came. Spawning in the tight space where our strikes would have clashed, a sucking gale force made its appearance again. As if a portion of time was deleted before we could tell what was going on, the spatial rip disturbing reality we'd left behind conjured by Typhoon's very weapon instantaneously teleported to the window of space between our attacks.

My flames of red and his of white were consumed by the portal's sudden presence. An invisible force, like a group of hands I couldn't see felt as though they had latched onto my legs and torso and were dragging me into the gaping tear.

By comparison, however...the force applied on my end, was nothing compared to what was converged on Silva's side.

A heavy splush of red layered over my eyes, brought by the winds blowing on his end that fed into mine... blood.

Silva's blood.

His legs, thighs, arms, torso; neck, and face. Not a single injury graced his body, instead the copious substance found in all life flowed from the battered sight of the wings on his back bending at an inhumanly impossible angle, nothing short of looking like horribly folded paper-mache.

Departing with an enraged cry, the sight of Silva became a thing of the past while I continued to claw at the air, fighting to escape the clutches of Typhoon's trap.

"...Honestly, kids are so impatient no matter the age or time. This is exactly why I said to wait."

In the middle of their last words, the rift distorting reality closed, taking on the appearance and shape of the mallet once again.

Caught before I fell even ten feet from where I was, the weapon consciously dashed to its master and hung itself around Typhoon's waist- the person of who I'd found myself caught in their waiting arms.

"First I throw you over my shoulder, now I'm princess-carrying you to the ground. If I didn't know any better I would say you like being carried by me."

"Must you joke now?" I grumbled, impatient to escape my prison and the embarrassment it came with. "I'm sure you've found yourself playing this role in your millennia of lifetimes."

"...We'll just chalk it up to being even then." Lowering her arms enough, I hopped free of them and planted my two feet on the ground to the sight of Shiki, Serenity, and Okita running towards our location, the picture of earth's lands invertedly collapsed on themselves from Silva's magic seeming like the setting of an out of place dream as Typhoon maintained her levitating position just a few inches above ground level.