Chapter 39

I stare at my phone screen, eagerly waiting for a text from Jungkook. 

I tap my fingers on the back of my phone nervously. He is already ten minutes late- maybe something happened to him? Or maybe he will never show up, maybe he regrets ever asking me on a proper date in the first place.

Things have escalated pretty fast these past few days. Ever since his visit to my house in which we ended up confessing our feelings to each other (and having the best sex in our lives straight after), Jungkook has been acting kind of...different.

He has been texting me more, asking about my day, about how I feel, whether I have eaten yet or not. He was the one that initiated this date too since he said that we 'wants to talk'.

Countless thoughts have been occupying my mind, and things have become so complex ever since he told me that he has feelings too. If only he wasn't such a sweetheart. If only he wasn't so caring, so kind. So good at everything he has ever done for me. 

When he confessed I was happy at first. Ecstatic, actually. It felt as if everything made sense for the first time in my life. 

But his weirdly romantic and caring tone after that day has been making me think of the worst. There is no way he can be so kind, after everything that happened. This softness he is showing me is so unbearable. Something must be wrong. 

What does he even want to talk to me about? 

My best guess is that he will tell me that everything on his part was a mistake and that his father was right all along. That I should forget about him and just carry on with my life, as he carries his fake wedding and finds a different escort to sleep with.

I try to push that thought away, as I gulp at the sudden realization that this will probably be the outcome of all of this. I guess it was good for as long as it lasted, and now I have to return back to my sad and pathetic reality.

Feeling pretty down, I check the time one last time. Twelve minutes late. I sigh as I lean to take off my shoes, but suddenly I hear my phone buzz. I instantly jump at the vibration and check the screen- it's him.

I smile as I pick up the phone, instantly feeling all happy again, as I feel my heart racing.

"I'm right outside." is all he says, sounding kind of nervous, after a small awkward silence.

I feel my heart drop again. I was right.

"Oh, okay. I'll head out then." I reply quietly, as the smile instantly fades out of my face.

Great.

I check myself in the mirror one last time before I head outside, fixing my bangs. I sigh before I open the door and take a deep sigh as I prepare myself for the worst.

However, as soon as I step outside of my building, a gasp leaves my mouth, after having just witnessed truly the most unexpected thing.

Jungkook is holding a huge pink camellia bouquet, standing right outside of his car and waving at me with the biggest smile, but with an overall shy posture.

Am I hallucinating?

Not caring whether this is even real or not, I instantly run towards him and give him the tightest hug, as an "Oh my God!" and a  Thank you!" escape my mouth more than once on my way there. He hugs me back warmly, and at this very moment, the last thing I want to do is let him go.

"Jungkook! What is this?" I ask him, trying to hide my obvious excitement.

"Camellias. They are your favorite flower, aren't they?" he asks me nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.