Chapter 34

I feel my eyes open up, only to close again from the sudden exposure to light. A scream instinctively leaves my mouth, as I try to gradually open my eyes, only to see two unknown men staring at me fiercely, holding a torch right in front of my face.

I hear the two men converse, but I can't tell what they are talking about. I think they are speaking in a foreign language. I try to move my hands but I can't - I'm tied up. 

What is happening? Where am I?

My eyes scan the area, but it looks like one of those abandoned basements you see mafias use in the movies. 

This can't be good. 

My breathing starts to get tenser and I start to sweat, as I realize how dangerous this situation really is.

One of the two men gets up, as the other one keeps staring at me boldly. I stare back at him confused, literally terrified for my life.

"Yah! Who are you? What did you do to me? Where am I?!" I scream out as I try to free my hands frantically. The man just scoffs, as he lights up his cigarette and doesn't seem to care enough to reply. 

"Yah! Answer me!" I demand desperately, my voice almost cracking from the fear I am experiencing, which makes my entire body shake and sweat.

The man doesn't reply this time either, and we sit in silence for some minutes. This silence has to be the worst form of turture - not knowing what is happening while being in a situation like this truly is terryfying. 

"You must be Kang Ari." I hear a different man speak from behind me some time later, and before I turn to face him he is already in front of me, his face being eerily familiar. 

No, it can't be him.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook's father." he introduces himself formally, staring into my eyes tensely, and making my heart skip more than one beat -fuck.

"Now before this conversation actually starts I'd like to remind you of some things." he scoffs sarcastically, taking a step back and standing opposite of me.

"I'm the CEO of SK. I am more powerful than the police, or the government. If I decide to dispose of you, I can make sure that no one will ever find out." he starts off coldly, his stare being completely apathetic.

I gulp at the realization that what he says is true; right now, my life is in danger.

"You don't have to know where you are, or how you were brought here. My men here have guns and knives, and they will follow all of my orders. That's all you need to know." he finishes off, now sounding even more soulless as he does so.

I nod in complete nervousness and try to hide my shaking hands, as even more sweat starts to drop down my face.

"I won't keep you for long. You see, I'm a simple man, Kang Ari." he continues on sarcastically, taking a step closer to me, and making my breathing get even denser.

"I knew that Jungkook would find a way to cheat on Hana. Everyone knows that she isn't loyal either. Their marriage is purely for business purposes. And you're a very attractive young lady, Kang Ari, I'll definitely give you that." he states, his eyes piercing through my soul. There is something so utterly inhuman in his eyes, that I don't even have the words to describe it.

"But I didn't really expect my son to end up with a slut." he states calmly. However, his voice has such a bitter taste, as he looks at me as if I am this disgusting thing- as if I'm not even human.

"What did you do to my son, Kang Ari? Did you perform some sort of spell on him, huh?" he asks me, his voice getting more aggressive and making me instantly flinch, "There is no way a low-life whore like you could make Jeon Jungkook fall for her. This isn't a k-drama, we both know that." he finishes off, now sounding really infuriated.