Chapter 24

Since we are leaving in a few days, we have decided to visit Camelia Hill today. It's a beautiful Botanical Garden and although I didn't want to admit that I was dying to visit it, I am glad Jungkook brought it up.

I am in the bathroom getting my makeup done, having already braided my hair, and having put on a beautiful floral dress. 

I really am trying to enjoy myself and Jeju-do today, since I don't know if I will ever manage to visit such a beautiful place again - despite Jungkook's drunken and empty promises about taking me to Santorini.

"I'm ready-" I blurt out happily as I head out but Jungkook immediately glares at me strictly and singles me to remain quiet. I then notice that he is speaking on the phone.

"Yes father, that was the cleaning lady." Jungkook speaks on the phone nervously, "Oh Hana is not here right now, I can give her to you later." he adds hesitantly, "Yes, father...No don't worry about it... I will get the work done tonight father yes...Yes, to Camelia Hill...Goodbye father." the conversation continues on and eventually ends with Jungkook hanging up the phone.

"Is everything okay?" I ask nervously as soon as he hangs up.

"Yes, I don't think he's going to read too much into it." Jungkook replies and I immediately feel relieved.

"Anyways, we should head out." he says and I follow him outside.

We reach for the car quietly and head inside, not speaking a single word. The atmosphere feels weird as it usually does.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Jungkook asks me out of the blue and I almost choke on the air, if that's even possible.

"I- Yes, I slept very well." I reply awkwardly as I am staring outside the window, looking completely apathetic.

"Really?" Jungkook scoffs, "Then why were you sitting on the balcony half of the night?" he adds, in a weird manner. He doesn't sound mad, sarcastic, or sad; his tone is really unique when asking this question.

But how does he know?

"Oh, I thought you were alseep." I reply coldly.

"Well...I was." he replies awkwardly, "But I wanted to cuddle at some point and the bed was empty." he admits, even more quietly, trying to sound as if he doesn't care.

"Cuddle?" I question loudly, my surprise being obvious.

However, he does not reply.

"I just had a nightmare so I wanted to be by myself. The stars were beautiful anyways." I try to make up for myself, trying to sound as positive as I can.

"Oh, were they?" Jungkook is fast to ask sarcastically, but I decide to end this conversation here.

"Look, we have just arrived at the garden!" I point out excited as I can see the entrance almost right in front of us.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

The garden is beautiful and I try to enjoy it as much as I can. As we are walking through the 60.000 square meters massive garden, I can't help but notice how straight-up drop-dead gorgeous this place is.

Hana was right, it has to be one of the most romantic destinations to ever exist. 

I can't help but feel a little sad to be stuck here with Jungkook, who seems ready to leave ever since we arrived. At times like these my mind starts t wonder and always ends up at Namjoon. I can't help but think of how well we would have fitted together. He is the exact opposite of Jungkook.