Chapter 26

"Ari." my best friend looks me straight in the eyes with the most horrified face I have ever seen, her eyes widened up, her eyebrows tensed, and her hands holding the coffee trembling.

"I think Jeon Jungkook likes you." she whispers, making sure no one can hear her, even though it's only us and two other friend groups in the cafe right now.

"What?!" I exclaim loudly, drawing some attention to us, and she instantly signals me to shut up.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her tensely, but quietly this time.

She looks around again, making sure that no one is still looking at us.

"What are you talking about? Are you deaf? He has a crush on you, it's obvious after everything you just said happened at Jeju-do!" Jiwoo scolds me.

"No way." I roll my eyes, "You're just overreacting." I tell her as I take a sip from my coffee.

"Come on I thought you were the smart one here!" she calls me out, "You should at least be honest with yourself if you don't want to be honest with me." she eyes me strictly.

"Jiwoo-ah, the fact he was nice to me doesn't mean he has feelings for me, maybe he's just a decent human being!" I try to defend myself, but she just gets more annoyed.

"Look, if you want to be blind then that's fine with me. Just when the Jeon Jungkook ends up confessing his undying love for you don't tell me you didn't see it coming- because I did!" Jiwoo fights back angrily. 

It is so like us to fight (but not really) in a cafe about dumb things like this and I have to admit that I really missed my best friend these past ten days.

"Look, you said it yourself. We are talking about the Jeon Jungkook. He can literally get any girl he wants, why would we have a crush on me?" I confront her yet again, not ready to lose the argument yet.

"Look, I'll tell you one last thing but if you still don't believe me after this then I will give up!" she threatens and comes closer to me so no one can hear us.

"I am not supposed to tell you this, since Jimin doesn't even know that I know this." she starts off hesitantly, "But you are my best friend, so I don't care." she finishes off.

"That day you arrived back in Seoul I was at Jimin's. He was talking to Jungkook on the phone next to me, but he thought that I was asleep, when I had woken up a few minutes ago." Jiwoo starts confessing and my eyes widen- I can't believe she eavesdropped on her boyfriend's phone call. She really is a little crazy, but I love her.

"I couldn't really hear Jungkook from the other line but Jimin was kind of upset, he said and I quote: What do you mean? I thought you were just paying her for sex." Jiwoo says, at this point looking a hundred percent convinced that Jungkook is in love with me.

"Maybe he is just talking about the fact I was pretending to be his girlfriend, Jiwoo-ah." I roll my eyes. She is just exaggerating everything at this point.

"You know what? I'm done with this. You are clearly in denial about your feelings too, so there is no point in-" Jiwoo starts talking to herself but I am soon to interrupt her.

"Yah! What feelings? I don't like Jeon-" I defend myself but Jiwoo rolls her eyes as soon as I start talking and takes out her tiny hello kitty pocket mirror and hands it to me, cutting me off.

"I want you to look at yourself for a moment, Ari-ah!" she starts off as she is staring at me angrily.

"You are literally blushing." she points out. 

Am I? Fuck.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───