Chapter 12

I stare at myself in the mirror, proud of how my makeup turned out. My hair looks good too, I tried hard to style them into some wavy curls. I have decided to wear a satin baby pink mini dress, to highlight my dark hair better and show off my curves. I spray the vanilla-scented Victoria's Secret cologne I always wear and make my way outside, since Jiwoo must be arriving at any minute now.

As soon as I step into the living room to make my way to the exit door my parents both eye me tensely and my father immediately gets up from the sofa.

"Where are you going dressed like that?!" he says sounding angry.

"Sooyeon's friend is throwing a birthday party." I mumble as I lie and try to head to the door.

"Ari, where is that dress from?" my mother asks me with a fake smile all over her face.

"It's Jiwoo's." I mouth quietly and it's the truth - I could never afford to buy something like that.

Then there is a split moment of silence and I try to take advantage of it by placing my hand on the door-knob, ready to open the door and escape this hellhole.

"Eun-U, so you're just going to let her go out dressed like a whore?" my father yells at my mother aggressively and my mother flinches.

"Come over here, Ari." my father yells at me and I am forced to obey.

"Just because you got into SNU doesn't give you the right to hang out with all these rich phony people." he starts off, "You will never be the same as them." he says and takes a sip from his soju bottle.

"I am 21. Let me live." I mouth quietly as I stare at the ground, too frightened to face him.

"Exactly, you are 21. You don't even work, and you live rent-free at our place!" he gets heated up. "If you were smart, you wouldn't be out there 'studying'. You'd be out there working!" he is now yelling sarcastically.

"Do you think your mother and I work for you to go out and 'party'?" he continues on, now being too close to me and making me flinch. I really hope he won't hit me.

"I'm sorry." I mouth quietly and try to hold back my tears.

"Darling, let her have fun tonight." my mother suddenly says and a gasp leaves my mouth - this has to be the first time she has ever defended me.

"Shut the fuck up, Eun-U." my father speaks and spits right at her face. My mother sits there completely passive, and does nothing.

"Why would you do that?!" I yell at him, only to realize the mistake I have just made.

The next thing I see is his belt and then I feel an insane amount of pain in my wrist. I scream out in pain instantly and my father starts laughing. I hold my hand and try to control my emotions- I can't afford to cry right now.

"Go to hell, Ari!" he yells angrily and opens the front door for me to leave. "Show your fancy friends your scar too. You're worthless." he laughs as he closes the door and leaves me outside the house. I stare at the door and take a few deep breaths to calm down. I stare at my wrist only to get anxious all over again. It's going to leave a bruise.

I head downstairs and wait for Jiwoo to come to pick me up. I can't believe this is how the night started. I really hope things get better at Jimin's party, and I really hope Jungkook won't be there in order for this to happen.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Ari-ah! You're so beautiful!"Jiwoo exclaims as soon as he sees me and gets out of the car to come to hug me.

"Jiwoo-ah! Your hair! The dress! You look amazing!" I compliment my best friend back as soon as I see her, and it's true. She does look amazing, and that red she is wearing fits her perfectly.

We make our way back to the car and head to Jimin's place for the party.

"Jimin told me that most people have already arrived." she informed me sounding excited, "Do you think he going to like the dress?" she asks me.

"I think he's going to love it." I wink at her and we both start laughing.

The rest of the car ride is very fun, with us blasting out music and singing our hearts out - I think Jiwoo's private driver isn't getting paid enough. Before we even arrive at the party, I have already forgotten about my father's harsh words and the bruise on my wrist.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When we arrive at Jimin's house, I am indeed shocked. His house is a giant modern building, with music blasting out of it and people having fun both inside and outside of it too. Some people are gathered outside on the outdoor pool drinking and dancing, while most are inside with loud music, almost no lights, and lots of alcohol.

As soon as we head inside Jimin comes to greet us, looking very sober compared to what you'd expect to at a party like this.

"Jiwoo!" he greets my best friend first and eyes her from head to toe looking smitten by her looks, "You look amazing." he points out and grabs her in for a kiss on the mouth. When the kiss is over and he notices me Jiwoo is fast to introduce me.

"That's my best friend, Ari!" she says and I bow at Jimin awkwardly.

"Thank you for inviting me." I smile and face him.

He grabs my hand and kisses it and gives me a smirk as he eyes me tensely.

"The pleasure is mine." he says as he is staring into my eyes - does he remember me?

"This is for you from the both of us." Jiwoo interrupts us and hangs to him the expensive champagne we had bought for him.

He then thanks us and we both make our way inside, serving ourselves some drinks and letting the night get started.

I scan the place quickly to see if he is anywhere inside, but he is nowhere to be seen.

No sight of Jungkook, we're good.