Chapter 31

"Follow me." Jungkook takes my hand (wait, why is he holding my hand?) and leads me to a massive electronics store as soon as we enter the Shopping Mall, making me instantly baffled.

"Why are we here?" I ask nervously, "Do you want a new wine cooler or something?" I try to joke awkwardly and he chuckles, but completely ignores me and drags me even deeper inside the store.

"Do you prefer Samsung or Apple?" Jungkook asks me as we are walking.

"Wait, Does Apple make wine coolers too now?" I ask confused.

"I'm not buying a wine cooler, Ari." Jungkook chuckles, "I'm buying a new phone. Do you prefer Samsung or Apple phones?" he insists on his question.

"Oh, I've only had one phone my entire life and that was a Samsung, so Samsung I guess." I reply awkwardly, hoping he won't pay too much attention to the having-one-phone-my-entire-life part.

"Okay, let's go to the Samsung section then." he says and we head toward it.

Why is he still holding my hand though?

"I was thinking of getting the S23 Ultra. It only launched a few weeks ago." he starts looking at the specific model and I follow him, looking at the phone with him too. Of course, he is going to buy the newest release. I can't really blame him though, if I had that much money I wouldn't regret spending so much on a phone either.

"What model do you have now?" I ask him, trying to make some small talk.

"S22 Ultra. It's pretty good-" he replies, still examining the S23 carefully.

"Wait, is that the new Z-Flip?!" My attention is immediately turned to the purple Z Flip 4. I have been seeing this phone everywhere, it just looks so cute.

"Oh, you prefer that one?" he asks me.

"Are you kidding me? I would kill for that phone. It's so cute" I say as I stare at the phone, my eyes completely widened.

"Hmm, let me see that too then, I might change my mind." he says sounding skeptical as he comes next to me to look at the phone.

"That purple one is cute too." he says, as he looks over from the black Z-Flip he is holding, even more attentively now.

"The purple one is the best." I talk to myself, looking at the one I am holding.

"Do you see anyone working here near us?" Jungkook asks me and I point at the nearest employee, and Jungkook leaves me alone for a while so he can go finish the transaction.

After a few minutes, he comes back to me, but he isn't holding anything.

"You didn't get one?" I ask shyly, trying not to sound rude.

"Oh, I did. It's on the register. I got some wireless earbuds too, and a wireless charger." he replies.

"Woah, that's great, I'm happy for you." I smile at him kindly.

We head to the register and he pays for his new gadgets, and we exit the store after a few minutes.

"What model did you end up getting?" I ask him as we are walking inside the Mall toward the next store.

"Oh, I didn't get anything." he says casually, as he is holding the bag with his brand-new gadgets at the same time.

"What do you mean? The bag is right here-" I try to reply awkwardly but he cuts me off.

"The purple Z Flip 4 inside that bag isn't for me, Ari-ah." he chuckles and looks at me shyly.

"What?" I gasp, trying to convince myself that I didn't just hear what I know I did.