Chapter 36

!! Jungkook's POV:

I tap my fingers on the desk nervously, as I wait for my father to arrive back at his office. As soon as I came in and told him that I want to talk to him, and he told me to wait for a little while; so that's what I have been doing for ten minutes now. Waiting for him.

I have never been the type of person to get anxious about things; when someone has the money I have, they know that most of their problems can be solved very easily. 

Didn't get into the university you wanted to? Easy, just pay to enter a different one. Fined for speeding? Just pay for it, and speed again. Tired? You don't even have to work, take today off. That new video game? It's yours already. Hungry? You can eat at the most expensive restaurants whenever you want. Horny? Hire a private escort. Feeling bored? Take a trip to the other side of the world. 

There are only a few situations a black card can't get you out of- and being a very antisocial and introverted person all of my life meant that I didn't have to deal with these anyways. People just come and go, so forming actual relationships with them was never something for me. Especially women. They can't offer me anything, so forming a bond with them would be pointless.

So why is it so hard for me to get over this?

Why can't I just hire a different sex worker? I can hire women from everywhere. Women other men would kill for. But I can't, and it's all because of her.

For some reason, I only want to keep seeing her. Just her.

"Jungkook." my father's voice interrupts my thoughts, and in just an instant my mind has shifted from the beautiful Kang Ari back to reality, and an uneasy feeling starts to build up in my stomach. How do I face my father? What do I even tell him, or accuse him of?

"I know why you're here." he states coldheartedly, as he sits opposite me, and stares at me as he does so. 

At this moment I just know that he knows. And he knows that I know too. It's written all over his eyes: guilty.

"You owe me some explanations, father." I stare back at him tensely. Most of our interactions are just like this anyways- cold and hostile.

"No, you owe me some explanations, Jeon Jungkook." he instantly replies, emphasizing our family name, "What were you thinking? You are a Jeon, act like it." he finishes off cruelly.

"I am an adult, and I don't owe you or anyone any explanations over who I sleep with, father." I reply sarcastically, trying my hardest to keep my cool.

"Oh, please. You can sleep with whoever you want I don't care.." my father scoffs, "But I won't allow a Jeon to fall for a cheap whore from Gangseo-gu." he looks at me unhappily.

"What are you talking about? That girl is just a sex worker. We are not in a relationship." I defend myself, "And I have told you millions of times that I'll never be loyal to Hanah. It's all a lie anyways." I stare at him with full intent.

"Stop lying to me, Jungkook." he just says as he looks at me heartlessly.

"You're clearly in love with her." he states, as he stares at my eyes, still looking completely apathetic.

"Bullshit." I react instantly, "You're ridiculous for even thinking of something like that." I defend myself quickly.

"You took her to Jeju-do, Jungkook! You took her to Camelia Hill, Jeongho saw you! You took her shopping! You got her a pendant! Have you seen the way you look at her?!" my father raises his voice, annoyed by my stubbornness.