Chapter 22

It's day three in Jeju-do, and today Jungkook and I will be visiting the beach. However, it's too cold to dive in, so we decided to picnic with Hana and Yoongi instead - that way Jungkook and Hana will manage to get some pics together too.

We sit down and set up the meals, as Yoongi and I are making some small talk while Jungkook and Hana are video-calling Hana's and Jungkook's parents. Hana's parents sound very convinced that they are a real couple, considering how good they both are at pretending they are.

I guess Jungkook really is good at pretending at the end of the day; I should always keep that in mind.

When the video call is finally over, Yoongi takes a few pictures so they can send them out and we finally sit down to eat. The view is beautiful and the food is tasty, so I try to focus on that.

Yoongi and Hana really are cute, they genuinely look very in love. The way they look at each other alone is enough to convenience anyone.

Jungkook and I on the other hand sit there stiffly, enjoying our food quietly and not participating in any form of physical touch, avoiding eye contact and not talking to each other.

"How are you two enjoying Jeju-do so far?" Hana asks us kindly as we are eating, breaking off the slightly awkward atmosphere.

"Oh, it's been amazing." Jungkook gives a fake smile and I nod as I grin fakely too.

"Did you two visit Camelia Hill yet?" Hana asks us, and we both signal 'no' awkwardly.

"You should definitely go!" Hana scolds us, "It's so romantic." she says and locks Yoongi's hand with hers.

"Oh, is it?" Jungkook asks critically and looks at Yoongi.

"It's worth a visit." Yoongi says calmly, "I wonder how you two didn't know about it." he finishes off and Jungkook scoffs very quietly and I'm pretty sure that thankfully I was the only one that heard him.

"You should take Ari there after this, Jeon." Hana glares at Jungkook strictly but still somehow remains kind as she does so.

"He isn't very romantic, is he?" Hana giggles and looks at me, making the atmosphere feel lighthearted again.

Jungkook immediately eyes me tensely and I get nervous.

"Oh, no that's not the case-" I lie awkwardly as I look at Hana.

"We can't really go today. Ari-ah and I will be going to the falls after this. I had promised her." Jungkook interrupts me with a sweet tone and puts his hand on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him - since when did he promise me to go to the falls today?

I try to act normal and let him embrace me and thanks to our acting skills we almost look like a real couple at this very moment.

Yoongi and Hana look pretty convinced too, as they change the conversation and we all make some small talk until the food is over.

"Can you take a polaroid of us?" Yoongi asks me kindly and I nod, taking them some photos.

They hold each other tightly with the biggest smile on their face and I snap their picture- they look so cute together. After some time a beautiful photo is developed and Yoongi and Hana look very happy with it.

"Jagiya, I want some too." Jungkook pouts fakely and I give an awkward laugh as I hand Yoongi the camera.

Jungkook then does something unexpected - he grabs me and kisses me in the most romantic position possible; he holds me tightly and leans very slightly to the right, so both of our faces can be seen with the beach taking over the view in the back.

"That is such a beautiful shot!" Hana exclaims and takes out her marker to give it to me.

I stare at it nervously with a fake smile as I write down the date and 'Jeju-do' with a heart, Jungkook looking all fake excited too.

When we finally part ways we wave at them and hold hands on our way to Jungkook's car.

"Now we have to go to these stupid fucking falls." Jungkooks says under his breath madly as soon as we enter the car.

"We don't have to go." I reply coldly.

I would love to see the waterfalls but I know that Jungkook is probably going to be grumpy about it so I would rather go back to our room and read my book in peace.

Jungkook doesn't reply and starts the engine fastly, unparking the car and starting to drive.

However, when he skips the turn to go to our hotel I know that he has made up his mind. Twenty minutes later we arrive at Cheonjiyeon Falls and I have to say that I am shocked. The view is truly stunning, it's like walking into a painting.

We walk on the landscaped trail to reach the falls closely and just before reaching them on the path, we cross a bridge from which a wide variety of koi fish can be seen. Beautiful camelia flowers are covering the entire place and I let the fresh air enter my lungs, as I stare in awe at the beautiful landscape. I am so grateful to be here, even under these circumstances.

"It's so beautiful." I comment when we reach the falls, still in awe.

"Never seen a fall again?" Jungkook comments sounding uninterested, but I completely ignore his unkind question - this has to be the most beautiful place I have ever been to in my entire life.

"Can you please take a photo of me?" I ask him and hand him my phone.

"Uh, your camera is awful." Jungkook comments as soon as he takes my phone.

"I- I know...I don't care, just take the photo." I say awkwardly - I have a very old Samsung phone ever since I was a teenager which barely manages to function properly at this point.

"Hold up." Jungkook says and puts my phone in his pocket, only to take the latest Samsung model out of his pocket to snap me a picture.

I stand there awkwardly and let him capture me, trying to ignore the fact that it's from his phone.

"Let me take you two a photo together." an old man interrupts Jungkook and Jungkook eyes him confused only to bow awkwardly the next second.

He pulls me in his embrace awkwardly and we try out best to look like a normal couple, only for Jungkook to thank the old man and then come to me again.

"Do you have our polaroid from earlier?" he asks me nervously.

"Yeah, it's right here." I eye him confused and take it out of my bag.

"Can I have it?" he asks me casually and I stay there motionless.

"If we want to come across as a real couple we have to look the part while we are here, love." he explains himself and takes the polaroid from my hands and places it under his clear phone case to display it perfectly.

What the fuck?