Chapter 20

When Jungkook opens up his eyes I eye him back lovingly and he still seems a little confused.

"Ari?" he yawns my name quietly.

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask him worryingly instantly.

"Yes...I - I'm fine." he says as he is trying to wake up.

He gets up to face me, even though our bodies are still tangled up and as he does so I can't help but notice he literally looks like a little bunny when he isn't trying to act cold or intimidating. His messy hair, his front teeth pointing out, his sleepy eyes. He is just so cute.

"I'm sorry." he gives me puppy eyes again and he actually looks genuinely sorry.

"No, I'm sorry. Why did you sleep on the floor?" I scold him.

"I couldn't let you sleep outside alone." he starts off and now looks fully awakened, "And when I carried you back inside I didn't want to sleep next to you and make you feel uncomfortable." he admits quietly.

"But I wouldn't-" I try to speak out but he interrupts me.

"Yes, you would. I don't know why I said what yesterday. I really am sorry, it was very insensitive." he sighs nervously, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Jungkook, look at me." I call out his name and he eyes me back immediately, "It's okay." I say and hold his hand and he looks at our hands and then at me, looking kind of confused.

"Since when am I 'Jungkook', though?" he chuckles and I instantly try to remove my hand from the embarrassing realization but he doesn't let me do so; instead he only tightens the grip.

"Please call me Jungkook from now on and not 'sir', I prefer it." he says as we make eye contact.

"Okay." I smile at him warmly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Bring us a Romanée-Conti, please." Jungkook asks the restaurant staff and I eye him confused.

"That wasn't on the wine menu." I state puzzled.

"That's the point." he winks and I chuckle.

It's a beautiful night. We decided to go out to a fancy sushi restaurant for dinner, and now we just ordered some wine with our food too. Ever since this morning, things have been better between Jungkook and me, hence the decision to go out today.

He is wearing a fancy white shirt with some black pants and I am wearing a tight black mini dress, we look like a fancy business power couple.

We enjoy the sushi as we talk and for the first time, I feel like I actually get to talk to the real him. On the other side, it feels like it's the first time he gets to know the real me too. He talks to me about what it's like to work at SK, growing up in a chaebol family, and I talk to him about Law School, tell him funny stories about my old jobs, and we the conversation seems to be flowing effortlessly.

It's like a first date, only we have already fucked lots of times and I'm supposed to already be his girlfriend. Ironic.

When the staff brings us the wine I realize how actually expensive this must be. Jungkook doesn't seem to care that much though, as he serves me the red wine. When I take a ship from it I am instantly shocked and Jungkook seems to notice.

"Like it?" Jungkook chuckles as he finds my reaction to be entertaining at least.

"It's so good." I nod as I take another sip.

"That's the same wine you spilled all over my shirt at my wedding." he smirks and I almost choke.

"What the-" I gulp.

"Shh" he giggles and winks at me.

"I almost chocked!" I scold him and it's true.

"It's kind of funny that a wine stain brought us here, isn't it?" he asks me as he takes a sip from the wine too.

"When you put it that way it almost sounds poetic... I think it's just because I was clumsy." I reply awkwardly.

He scoffs as he takes another sip. After some more talking and an entire bottle of wine later the food is finally over, and we have both loosened up completely.

"Have you ever been to Jeju-do again?" he asks me out of the blue.

"I don't think I've ever really been outside of Seoul." I admit ungracefully.

"Really?" Jungkook gasps surprised - although alcohol seems to be the reason behind his extreme reaction.

"I think you tend to forget that I'm not rich." I chuckle and take the last sip from my glass. I'm kind of dizzy at this point but it doesn't matter.

"That's true." he scoffs, "Where would you like to go outside of Korea?" he asks.

"Oh, I don't know... somewhere different I guess." I wonder as I try to think of fancy places.

"Like Europe?" he asks.

"Sounds fancy." I comment and he takes the last sip from his glass too, "Where to? Swiss? Greece? France? Italy?" he asks and I stare at him confused.

"Where have you not been out of all these places?" I ask him back and he seems to take his time to think - I guess he isn't completely sober either. That's what happens when you're filthy rich and drunk at the same time; you can't even remember which fancy European country you haven't traveled to.

"I think I've never been to Greece." he says after some time and stares at me.

"Santorini is in Greece!" I blurt instantly - that's the only fancy place I can think of. I hope I didn't sound too loud.

"Santorini?" he smirks, and I think he knows what place I'm talking about.

"Yes, it must be so beautiful there. I want to travel there." I sigh as I stare back at him.

"How about we head back to our room and we'll consider going to Santorini some other time?" he smirks and I smirk back at him, and we both know what that means.