Chapter 8

"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, But here's my number, so call me, maybe" Jin yells at the mic as he is dancing with Jeonsu.

"It's hard to look right at you, baby" Seojun emphasizes the "baby" part despite how bad his voice sounds.

Taehyung and I are sitting on the couch trying to ignore their bad singing as we are trying to let them have their moment.

"So, about SK-" Taehyung starts talking to me as he is eating his chips.

"But here's my number, so call me, maybe" Jin and Seojun yell aggressively this time together and I can't help but let a laugh come out of my mouth as I hear them - they are too cute.

"Remind me to never do karaoke with Seojun again." Taehyung scoffs annoyed and I start giggling.

"Have they contacted you yet?" Taehyung asks me sounding genuinely concerned, I love how caring he is.

"No, not really." I lie as I start snacking on some popcorn too.

"What are you doing to do, Ari-ah?" Taehyung eyes me looking worried.

"I don't know yet, I guess I'll apply to-" I start replying to him but I am soon interrupted by Jin.

"Your stare was holdin', Ripped jeans, skin was showin'" Jin is singing passionately as he forces me to stand up with him and hands me the mic.

"Hot night, wind was blowin'" I sing awkwardly and Jin glares at me. "Where you think you're going, baby?" I change my tone and start to get into the song's mood - he now gives me a smile and starts singing his heart off with Seojun for the chorus.

I sit down on the couch again next to Taehyung and watch as he is laughing at my singing skills.

"Maybe I'll look for a part-time job near SNU." I try to continue the conversation where it was left off.

"Are you going to be okay though? Financially?" Taehyung asks me yet again sounding genuinely worried.

"Oppa, don't worry about me. You should focus on saving up money for your Master's." I scold him kindly, although I am very flattered by his concern about me.

"Seriously, if you need money don't hesitate to call me." he says as he stares at me and the warmth he is radiating feels almost surreal.

"You're so kind, Taehyung-ah!" I give him a tight hug, although I never plan on asking for money from him.

"Taehyung, Ari! It's your turn!" Seojun calls out our names and Taehyung and I look at each other before we get up and sing out loud to a generic pop song and enjoy the rest of our night.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jeon Jungkook: I'll be waiting for you at 10 pm tonight, be at 9.45 pm at Gangnam station.

Me: Okay, sir. See you then.

"Stop being on your phone Ari, we are eating as a family." my father scolds me and I eye him fiercely. 

If only he knew.

"Mommy, can we go to the playground later?" Yura asks my mother instead of eating.

"Mommy is busy Yura. Maybe tomorrow." my mother replies coldly without sparing her a glance.

"Ari." my father calls out my name again and I almost choke on my food - I hate the sound of his voice. "The food is too sour, you can't even cook properly!" he complains aggressively.

"I like it noona!" Hyun smiles at me and I give him a warm smile back as I pat his head.

"Ari, grab me a beer." my father demands after a few minutes.

"Another?" I comment quietly without looking at him.

"What did you just say?!" my father's tone completely shifts.

"Nothing." I roll my eyes as I get up from the table to grab him his beer.

"Say that again!" my father yells at me as he is now standing up too.

"Please just calm-" I try to keep my cool but I am interrupted by my father's strong slap hitting my face.

"Now get me my beer!" my father yells at my face right after the slap.

"Why did you have to hit me?!" I cry out from the pain as I eye him hostilely - I'm so tired of this.

I stare at my mother for some sort of support but all she does is stare at the ground and pretend to not exist.

"You know what? Here's your fucking beer!" I yell my lungs out as I get out a beer from the fridge and throw it on the floor angrily.

"You clean that up right now you useless little slut!" my father keeps yelling at me. I can now hear Yura crying in the back, great.

"Eun-U, make the fucking child shut up!" my father now turns at my mother and she stares at him frightened and then takes Yura and Hyun to leave the kitchen.

"Why are you like this?" I cry out to him as I go to the other side of the kitchen to get the cleaning products.

"You are the problem, Ari! You always were!" he blurts out as he comes behind me.

Before I manage to realize what is happening his belt is hitting my arm. 

I want to scream from the pain. All I can do is stare at him in pain as I cry my eyes out. I hate him so much.

"Now clean quietly and let me eat in peace." he blurts out and sits on the family table with a beer in his hand to continue his meal alone.

I scream out from the pain and then I try my hardest to clean the alcohol and the pieces of glass from the floor.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Trying my best to ignore the huge bruise on my arm, I manage to get ready and head to Jungkook's place.

I arrive at Gangnam station at 9.30 pm and since I have some time to kill I put on some music to distract myself from my thoughts, which are all over the place and make me feel like I am drowning.

Thinking about the entire thing with Jungkook, I decide to come to the conclusion that it's really not that bad: the sex wasn't even bad - it was actually very enjoyable. And it's fifteen million won. Fifteen million. I really need the money.

However, he is married. Who's fault is it though? If I denied he would have just found another girl and he would still end up cheating, right? So why not use the situation to benefit me?

Besides, no one is going to ever find out about this anyway.