42| Our Dream List

I wake up to my usual 5:30 alarm and turn over to say good morning to Wes. I squint my eyes open and find myself waking up in an empty bed.

"Wes?" I call out a few seconds later.

I hear footsteps coming from the other room and eventually, I see him walk through the bedroom door. He's holding a bouquet of tulips in one hand and my Dunkin coffee in the other. My heart instantly melts and I cover my smile with a nearby pillow.

He sets the flowers and drink on the dresser and tackles me on the mattress.

"Hi." I giggle. Our faces are inches apart and Wesley's six-foot-four body is quite literally crushing me.

"Hi, baby. Happy first day of senior year!" He exclaims shaking my shoulders and laughing.

"As much as I'd love to lay here all day, I have to get ready." I whisper. Wes frown and rolls off of me.

"It's going to be weird not being with you all the time." He confesses following me into the bathroom.

"Clingy boy." I joke, and grab my hair straightener out of one of the cabinets. Waiting for the straightener to heat up, I grab a baby pink tank top and a pair of distressed jean shorts out of my side of the dresser.

"Is that what you're wearing to school?" Wes asks still in the bathroom.

"Yeah, why?" I respond and walk back to him. Wes smiles and shakes his head trying to drop the conversation.

"You aren't going to tell me why?"

"Nope." He says with a huge grin on his face.

"Out of the bathroom then." I say pointing back towards the bedroom with my clothes in my hand.

"That's what you wore the first time I met you. You were all like 'Don't call me Princess, don't call me pretty girl and I'll look at you however I wanna look at you'. And I was like 'god, she's hot when she's mad'." Wes says laughing.

"I really didn't like you back then." I reply pointing my straightener at him. Wes takes it and gestures towards my hair.

"Can I?"

"Do you know what you're doing?"

"Teach me?"

"Always."

*

Everyone + Easton

Noah :) : CAN NOT BELIEVE WE ARE SENIORS

Elle <3 : OH EM GEE i know right?!?

TJ : We should celebrate after school

Me : beach bonfire ? :)

Easton: Hell yeah.

Bear : Where it all started.

I smile at my phone and quickly tuck it away once I hear the bell ring. I put all of the papers and books I just got from my last class in to my locker when I feel arms wrap around me.

"How is Miss Calvin doing this fine morning." Elle says giggling. I turn to face her and see Noah walking up right behind her.

"That's Mrs. Carter to you." Noah counters. I shake my head towards both of them and close my locker.

We laugh in unison as Noah moves to stand in between Elle and I. We swing our arms around his shoulder and walk to our last class of the day together.