40| August 1st

Since coming home from Chicago, the remainder of summer has flown by. Carter's is back open and looks so good, not sure why there's air hockey tables in the break room but all I know is that I'm really good at it.

All six of us have hung out pretty much every day for the past two weeks. School starts next week so we are all trying to spend the last moments of summer making the best memories.

Sierra got released from the hospital and was cleared to move back in to her house. Wes decided he would split his time between being in Channel and visiting his Mom in Malibu.

I talk to Dad and Tess every day now, and I plan on staying up there for a couple weeks next summer. Rebuilding a relationship was the best risk I have ever taken, but I wouldn't be where I am now without Wes.

I have cut off pretty much all communication with Riley and my Mom, and honestly, I've never felt more okay. Putting my happiness and worth first was one of the best thing that have come out of this summer.

"Hi baby." Wes says coming out of the bathroom and in to bedroom.

"Hi birthday eve boy." I exclaim rolling on top of him as he lays down.

"Seriously Ken, we don't have to do anything big. I just wanna be with you."

"You will be with me silly. It's a little far, but since it's your birthday, I'll drive." I say with a huge smile.

"Kenny no-"

"I know you like to be a gentleman, Wes, but I'm driving. End of story." I say cutting him off and moving off of him.

"Yes ma'am." Wes laughs and pulls me back on top of him.

"I'm so excited for your birthday." I exclaim.

"I know baby, you've said it like a million times in the past hour." Wes replies chuckling.

He's so right, but still. Wes has done more than I could've ever asked for, these past few months and all I want to do is give back to him.

Even though I think no words, actions, or objects could live up to the beautiful life Wes has given me, my gift is pretty freaking good.

I fall asleep early in hopes it will energize me for tomorrow and all of the driving. Wes runs his fingers through my hair as I tuck myself in to his chest, and I can't help but wear a huge smile the entire night.

His touch, his words, his presence, makes me feel so safe and he doesn't even know it. No matter how many times I tell him, he's too humble to accept the compliment and instead he gives the compliment right back.

The selflessness this boy has is so heart warming and all I can think about, is how much he deserves. All of the good, and all of the love, needs to be all for him.

*

I wake up earlier than usual and all the built up excitement over the past weeks is finally being put to use.

I get up out of bed making sure not to wake up Wes and step out front to call his Dad.

"Morning Mr. Carter, sorry it's so early. I'm just so excited!" I whisper yell.

"As am I Kenna, everything is ready to go and just in the place you wanted it to be. I gotta say kiddo, what you're doing for my son is incredible." Zach exclaims.

"I'd do anything for him." I smile. Zach and I talk for a few more minutes before I frantically hang up when I hear the front door open.