38| 0704

I wake up to Wesley's voice and the sun blinding me. I squint my eyes open and look around the room for Wes. Seeing him out on the balcony, I slip out of the bed bringing the whole comforter with me and head outside.

"I know Dad, I'm pissed too. Trust me. But we have to make a decision." Wes yells out and runs his hand through his already messy hair.

I walk up to him slowly and his head turns towards me smiling. 'Sorry baby' he whispers.

Wes opens his arms and I sit down on his lap and curl into his chest. I'm pretty sure they're arguing about what to do with Carter's, Wes wants to get the expenses paid and have it remodeled, and his Dad wants to sue the shit out of Porter. Both options are pretty reasonable but Wes is extremely stubborn so we'll see how that goes.

Wes puts the phone on speaker and sets it down on the table beside us.

"Listen son, the shop is going in your name soon so I'm going to drop it and say it's your call. But no bullshit Carter, do what you need to do and be done. I don't want to see air hockey tables in the break room." His dad says strictly.

"Yes sir." Wes says chuckling. They say their goodbyes and hang up.

"Don't tell me I woke you up." He says moving the hair out of my face while I turn my body to face him.

"You didn't wake me up." I lie. Wes smiles and sees right through it. His arms wrap around me tightly and he rocks us back and forth.

"Sorry sorry sorry sorry."

"It's okay!" I giggle.

"Good, you can't hate me forever." He says proudly. Wes stands up bringing me with him and carry's me inside, into the bathroom.

"Is that so?" I pry. Wes nods and kisses my forehead. He washes his face, which he finally learned how to do correctly but insists I still watch him.

"You're a clingy boy." I say laughing as I lie back against the mirror.

"I'm not clingy, I just like you in my space all the time." He replies with that same damn smirk he always wears. I roll my eyes turning away when Wes grabs my chin and makes me look at him again.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

"I'll roll my eyes at you whenever I want to." I reply teasing him. Wes leans in closer to my face and tightens his grip against my chin. My breath hitches and as much as I want to look away, my eyes stay locked on to his.

"Roll your eyes again and see what happens." Wes whispers leaning in to my ear. A small laugh leaves him and he makes eye contact with me again.

My eyes don't leave his and the bathroom goes quiet.

"Good girl." Wes says quietly finally pulling away when I don't roll my eyes. I scoff and lightly shove his shoulders trying to hold back my smile.

"Such a tease." I mumble.

"I'm your tease." He replies pointing his toothbrush at me before running it under the sink water.

"Duh." I say leaning in to kiss his cheek.

I sit and watch Wes get ready for a little bit longer, when I hear my phone go off in the other room. When I don't move off of the counter and just let it ring, Wes turns towards me and gives me a confused look.

"You going to get that?"

"No, and you aren't either." I say back.

Before I can react Wes runs out of the bathroom and into the room. I follow after him and before I can get to him he's already answered the phone.