07| i'm fine, really

My classes have never gone by slower, but competition days always feel like this. My anxiety is through the roof right now and the Dunkin coffee on my desk I keep drinking isn't helping either.

The only thing getting me through this school day is the party after my surf meet and the fact that there are only 4 days left.

trio group chat <3

Noah :) : so who are we inviting to party??

Elle <3 : oh ya forgot to tell u, moms back in town 2day so cant have it @ my house :(

Me : shit ok. my house it is then. and just invite everyone idc

Elle <3 : including hot surfer boy with hot surfer boy truck :)

Me : no. we all know you only want to invite him so u can talk 2 TJ

Elle <3 : oh fuck off.

Noah :) : hahaha so true^

"Ms. Calvin I really hope that is a calculator you are using?"

"We all know the answer to that Mrs. Porter." I say in return, rolling my eyes but immediately regretting it. Last thing I need right now is to get in trouble. I haven't talked to my mom since the bonfire and I don't plan to anytime soon. I know my Dad will be at my meet today which makes my stomach flip just thinking about it.

Placing top 3 in this meet automatically qualifies me to the Surf Summit in June so my only option is to suck it up and pretend my Dad isn't there, because he makes me ten times more nervous as it is. Perfect.

My last class of the day is finally over so I wait for Elle and Noah in the courtyard where we usually meet up after school.

"Lets go, bitches. Operation: Get over hot surfer boy is in progress." Noah says wrapping our arms around his shoulders as usual. We all laugh and sing on the drive home. Which only distracts me for a little, quickly remembering my Mom is most likely home right now.

Pulling up to Cove Drive, I drop Elle and Noah off then head over to my house. Its so nice that we all live on the same street, its sort of how we all became friends too.

"Well well well! Hi Kennedy! Didn't think I would see you for at least another week." I can't even put my jeep in park before my Mom comes out of the front door causing a scene.

"Your Dad cut me off for a whole day." She says whisper yelling, knowing if she talks loud enough Noah and Elle will hear her.

"Whatever plans you have today. Cancel them. Get in the house."

"Oh for fucks sake." My plan was to chill at the house for a little and try to decompress before my surf meet, but clearly that isn't going to happen.

"You're so worthless Kennedy, if you would have just gone to school and not skip- we wouldn't have an issue. And put some fucking clothes on you look trashy." I don't even let her continue bashing me, I just put my jeep back in reverse and drive off. Tuning her out.

I want to stay strong and act like her words don't hurt but all she cares about is money, and that really hurts. I decide to just head to the beach early hoping that will calm my nerves more than my gold digger of a mom. If my anxiety wasn't through the roof about this meet it sure was now.

Channelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें