03| can i call you kennedy?

"Get your head out of your ass and help me with inventory Wesley." TJ yells from across the shop.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Trent!" I yell back. Truth is I know exactly what he's talking about. Ever since the girl walked out I haven't even been able to think straight. I cant stop thinking about that damn bonfire and her pretty eyes and the way her boyfriend just stood there and watched us. Though that part I guess I don't mind as much.

"You're doing it again dumbass." TJ says shaking my shoulders and giving me a light slap across my face. Shit. He's right.

"Dude either stop thinking about the girl or do something about it. Look at you dude you're a mess." Before I can answer TJ the bell dings and I turn so fast towards the door my head spins.

"Excited to see me, lover boy?" Easton says fake twirling his hair as he walks in plopping himself onto the counter. Oh for fucks sake.

Easton Ashford is practically my brother. Our dads were best friends when we were little so we pretty much grew up together.

We all three are pretty much brothers. TJ's the mediator making sure nobody rips anyone's heads off. Which usually means me trying to rip Easton's head off. Easton is the biggest player I know, last time I saw him with the same chick twice was... never. Keeps him distracted from his life at home though so as long as he doesn't end up dead we just let him do whatever without giving him shit for it.

"Listen, word on the street there's a beach bonfire tonight. So lock up shop so we can get going." Easton says patting both me and TJ on the back signaling us to get going.

"Were you invited or are we just showing up Ashford?" I ask genuinely because I know the girl will be there and the last thing I want is to make once again, another bad impression.

"Oh come on Wesley, get your panties untwisted and start the damn car." Easton says shoving my keys in his hand. I look over to TJ, who has no facial expression, signaling for me to make the call.

"Get in the car." I say flipping them both off as I walk out the door locking it behind them after they both walk out. Easton's smiling from ear to ear and TJ looks content. As always.

"Wipe that smirk off your face before I drop your ass off in Compton, Ashford." I say pulling out of the parking lot.

*

10 minutes later we are pulling up to the kickback which is right next to the pier. We definitely could've just walked given that Carter's is down the road but I didn't want to make the walk later.

We hop out, me automatically changing knowing the fire and weather are gonna make me hot as hell, and walk up to the huge group of people. Some are playing beach volleyball while others are sitting in chairs around the fire. There's gotta be at least a 100 people here.

I scan the place thoroughly. Just Checking out the area. Not looking for anyone in particuar. At all.

"Go find her dude you look like a lost
puppy." TJ laughs lightly shoving me closer towards a group of girls.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I say flipping him off as I walk away. I really do want to find her, I just hope she doesn't mind I'm here.

"Hey, I'm Kayla, and you are?" A random girl says looking at me. I give one glance at her and start to walk away. If its not the girl from the shop, I don't care. Right when I think I'm out of arms reach she grabs onto my arm and asks me who I am again. Clearly fucking wasted and it's only 7 pm.