11| Heal Your Heart

Two days have passed since me and Wesley's "date" and things have only gone up from here. I've been avoiding my mom when I'm home, waking up earlier than I usually do to leave the house before she can wake up, and grabbing dinner with Elle and Noah before I get home.

The only thing getting me through today is the fact that today is my last day of junior year. Finally.

Wes: morning Kenny, drive u to school today?

Me: yes :)

Wes: be there in 10

"What are you smiling at? Hm?" Riley says barging through my doorway. It's five in the morning, so the only reason she would be awake right now is coming home from Brecken's. Which still makes my stomach turn. Snake.

"Ever heard of knocking? Well I'm sure you have- given that you're getting knocked up by my ex." I reply instantly, applying pressure to the door trying to close it.

"I lost my fucking job because of you Kennedy." I get so caught off guard by what Riley says, I drop my hands from the door and she abruptly shoves it open. Losing my balance I fall to the side, my face meeting the corner of my desk.

"Welp, can't say you don't deserve it after getting me fired." Riley says looking down at me while I'm laying on the floor. She snickers and leaves the room, slamming my door.

I get up slowly trying not to move too fast in case my head is seriously injured. I throw on one of my over sized T shirts, Nike shorts, and grab my school bag and converse in one swipe.

Wes is already in my driveway by the time I'm out of the door. He steps out of his truck to open the door but takes a double glance at me, looking extremely concerned. Before I know it he's rushing over to me, practically sprinting.

"Kennedy, what happened? You're head is bleeding." Wes searches my face for any more injuries and picks me up by my waist, my legs wrapping around his body. I drop my bag and shoes on the floorboard as Wes sits me into his truck.

He taps his thigh signaling me to prop my bare foot onto his leg. He unties his bandana off of my ankle and wipes the blood off of the top corner of my face just below my hairline. Usually in these situations I would be balling my eyes out, apologizing to Wes for always being such a fucking mess but this time I'm quiet. Eyes closed, calm breathing, and relaxed body.

I've come to learn no matter the situation or who I have an altercation with, Wes has always been there. Comforting me and providing for me, I have nothing to stress about when I'm with him.

"Come here, Kenna." Wes says holding his arms out. I'm sitting on the passenger side of his truck, legs out of the cab and he's standing in front of me, constantly checking my face to make sure I'm okay and that he got every drop of blood.

I lean into his chest and he wraps his huge arms around me.

"Is this why you call me Bear?" Wes says whispering a few minutes later, still having his arms around me.

"Yes." I whisper back giggling. We sit like this for a really long time, me not planning on letting go anytime soon and him giving me the same energy in return.

*

"Wes my school is the other way." I say taking my head off of his shoulder looking behind us. I turn back to Wes who has yet to answer me and he, of course, has that stupid smirk on his face. He grabs my head and sets it back on his shoulder .

Forty minutes in his truck and lots of unanswered questions later I see the 'Welcome To San Diego' sign past by us. I snap my head to Wes carrying a huge smile on my face.