25| Every Lifetime After

All six of us hanging out is always the highlight of my day. The way we all mesh together and always have the best time, makes my heart feel so full.

The drive home is just as energetic, we all decided to pile into Wesley's truck and head back to our place for another movie night.

"I don't care what we watch as long as Easton doesn't pick." TJ complains and we all laugh in agreement.

Wes carry's me on his back up to the apartment and everyone else rushes in behind us.

We all take our same seats from last time and Noah turns on some random action movie swearing 'it's the best thing you'll ever watch.'

"Oh come on! You're telling me this is better than Moana?" Easton cries out, getting up and walking towards the pantry.

"There's nothing in there Ashford. You guys wiped my pantry clean." Wes yells out.

"Nah there's some Lucky Charms in here." Easton yells back grabbing the box and heading back over to the couch.

I turn my head towards Wes and we both laugh knowing there's no marshmallows in the box and it's practically empty.

A few movies later and everyone agrees to just stay the night here. It's almost eleven o'clock and we were out at the beach all day so it makes sense why everyone is so tired this early.

I fall asleep in Wesley's arms, but wake up a few hours later to someone whispering.

I open my eyes and see Wes, TJ, and Elle all circled around the kitchen talking.

"What's the secret?" I ask quietly, careful not to wake up Easton or Noah.

Wes walks over to me and holds out his hand helping me up.

"No secret, but get let's get you changed." Wes answers. I'm already in my pajamas so I cock my head and give him a confused look.

"It's two in the morning- where could we possibly go?" I ask confused. TJ and Elle are already back on the couch snuggled up together. I don't what's going on between them but I love it.

"Come here." Wes says pulling my hand into our room. He closes the door and looks around the room, opening drawers and rummaging through the closet.

He finally walks back out with one of my bathing suits and his oversized grey hoodie. The one that I used to wear all the time when we first met.

"Here." Wes says placing the clothing in my hand. I don't question it but instead go into the bathroom and change. When I walk back out Wes is shirtless and wearing swim shorts with his bandana tied around his hair again.

Lord help me.

"Ready?" He asks opening the door and reaching his hand out.

"I guess." I answer still confused. I take his hand and we quietly leave the apartment walk down to the truck. 

What on earth does this boy have planned.

Oh boy do I have something planned

I've wanted to take Kenna on a moonlight swim for forever but we've always been so busy.

It was pretty impulsive so I asked TJ and Elle for their opinion and they thought the idea was cute. I think they were a bit jealous wishing it was them two going instead, but I told them to stay and make sure Noah doesn't rip Easton's head off.

Aztec Falls has pretty much became Kenna and I's spot but we only go before sunset, so I figured this would be a cool change.

We pull into the dirt parking lot and as always, I sprint over to Kenna's side and open her door helping her out.

"Thanks Bear." Kenna says smiling. She takes my hoodie off setting it on the truck seat and we walk down the stairs.

At Aztec you can either do cliff jumping or head straight down to the water, and with how dark it is, I don't want to risk anyone getting hurt. So I lead us straight to the water.

The water is warm and the moon could be mistaken as the sun with how bright it is tonight.

I step into the water first and then help Kenna down after.

"You are so beautiful Kennedy." I whisper. She smiles and wraps her legs around my waist hugging me.

"You are so beautiful, Wesley." Kenna whispers back. I smile against her hair and a million thoughts rush through my head.

I'm so lucky. Kenna is so perfect. Fuck Im so nervous. Why did I wake her up. Is she hungry? Did I mention I was nervous? I think so. I don't know. Shit.

I refocus my thoughts and start thinking about a couple months back.

I came to Channel in the beginning of summer solely focused on Carter's and getting the hell out of here after. But now? God, I don't ever want to leave.

I take Kennas face in my palms and admire her. Small brown freckles scattered around her face from the sun. Her eyelashes long and dark fluttering against her flawless skin. Her eyes sparkly and staring into mine. Breathtaking.

A long, comfortable silence surrounds the air again as we fill each others presence.

"Kenna. I know you've been hurt in the past but I promise you- I'd take all the pain in the world if it meant you wouldn't get hurt again." I pause giving her a soft smile and she smiles back.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" I whisper.

"Yes. Yes now, and yes every lifetime after." Kenna replies without hesitation. Butterflies overcrowd my stomach and my heart has never felt so full.

I grab Kenna's face with the side of my hand making my lips meet hers. And just like every kiss. This one is so perfect. She is so perfect.

*

An hour later we decide to head back up to my truck and dry off. It's around 4 in the morning now and we are both running off of barely any sleep.

"I brought blankets if you want to just sleep in the bed tonight?" I ask unwrapping the towel from her. I grab my hoodie and sweatpants and put them on her. I step back giggling at how big my clothes are on her, granted she looks way better in them than I do.

Kenna nods, and I quickly make the bed knowing she could fall asleep any minute now. We hop in the back of my truck and lie down.

The truck is facing the ocean and the weather has that perfect warm summer feeling. Kenna curls into my chest and I wrap my arm around her body placing soft kisses on her hair.

Kenna's out in ten minutes tops but I don't fall asleep, instead I stay up to watching the sunrise.

Truly, I don't know how anyone could fall asleep in this moment. The most perfect girl feeling safe in my arms as the sun stretches over the horizon.

"It's so beautiful." Kenna says waking up, and looking out at the view.

I look towards her and smile. "I agree."

"