34| Crossed

Watching Ken walk away from me and going inside the airport feels like a punch to the face. Seeing how much damage Kenna's Dad has done to her, fucking infuriates me.

I pull out of the airport drop off line when I see my phone light up. Easton calling me scares the shit out of me because the dude never calls me, let alone answers his phone.

"Ashford. What's up?"

"Dude you gotta get the fuck down to Carter's. The place is trashed."

My grip tightens on the steering wheel and I immediately start thinking about the fastest route to the shop.

"What the fuck do you mean. Give me more context East." My voice raises so loud I'm sure the cars around me can hear me.

There's three things you don't fuck with. My girl, my family, and my shop.

"Dude I don't even know. I was passing by when I saw the place-"

"I'll be there in ten." I say cutting him off. I hang up the phone and lay my foot down on the gas. I already have a pretty good fucking idea on who would pull this shit but I'm going in open minded.

I arrive at Carter's in six minutes instead of ten and holy hell was Easton right. Posters from the exterior ripped off, the glass door smashed into pieces, and from the looks of it, every single shelf is gutted and destroyed on the inside.

Easton is waiting by his truck when I pull in and his face looks terrified, scared of what my next move might be.

"We both know this was Porter dude. Let's get payback." He says walking up to me.

Ignoring him and the shops appearance, I walk in and head straight to the break room, Easton following right behind me.

He stays quiet as I check the camera footage from the past hour. Sure enough Brecken and his minion Jake, pop up on the screen and my fists immediately clench.

I look over at Ashford, who's already looking back at me twirling his key ring around his finger.

"Get in the truck." I murmur walking out of the room and past him.

The flight to Chicago is one of the most dreadful things I've ever had to experience

The flight to Chicago is one of the most dreadful things I've ever had to experience. Sitting alone with your thoughts for four entire hours is not something I'd recommend.

The main thing going through my head right now is if there is even a valid enough reason to abandoned your daughter for years with no explanation. The answer is no, but I'm willing to hear what he has to say.

When Dad cut off communication with me, It made me realize how close we were before. Spending every second of the day with each other. Constant surf lessons, flower picking, and learning new recipes  together- all washed away like a wave.

Every argument and every remarkI ever made, I quickly came to regret after Dad stopped talking to me. I took the good moments for granted and I know now, to never let myself do that again.