Another call and a clueless decision

Six months. Six whole months since that devastating phone call. The hospital didn't call, message or even e-mail you about Peter's state.
Maybe it was for the best. You changed over a short time. You got your job back, thanks to TK putting a good word in for you.
Your parents put you back on track. Your father catching up on the long lost father-daughter time. You enjoyed the jogging with him. Your dad was always an ace when it come to endurance. He distracted you from the events, making sure your body and mind get the best treatment and reboot.
Your mother would discuss with you every topic possible. The woman never ceased to surprise you with her confidence.
Eventually you could say, with the help of your parents, you were alive again. The unexpected help from them, the locing care you missed as a child, it was a blessing.
Eventually you sometime forgot about Peter, the manipulative, feral and bald-headed freak everyone called him. You really didn't know what he saw in you. An easy target, a puppet to control, an unfulfilled sexual fantasy, you didn't know.

Sitting in the tiny backyard, you enjoyed the little warmth of the sun, dancing over your skin, mixed with the soft breeze emerging from the nearby trees.
Is this what eternal peace feels like?
You didn't know, you didn't care.
Peace and quiet, you didn't need anything mpre in life.
Well, perhaps a cup of ultimate black coffee, no milk and sugar of course.
Then. Then you would never leave this place.
Okay, stop being so sappy Y/N, you're grown woman. And a helpless romantic.
The vibrating sound of that awful piece of time waster put you out of your daydream.
"Hello?"
"..."
"Hello?"
"..."
"Look if this is a prank, I dont' buy it, go and waste some other people's time."
"..."
"Mrs. L/N this is the handler of Peter King."
You face palmed yourself mentally.
"Sorry doctor."
"No problem, kids these day don't know what to do with their precious time anways."
You didn't answer that.
"Anyway, we finally decided to let Mr. King call you again. He behaved well, so we allowed him to call you again. If he gets fuzzy, we will hang up immediatly.
He knows, if he rebels again, what will happen to him.
He knows the consequenses, we just ask you to be careful and sensitive around him.
That is, if you even wanna talk to him."
You sat there. Unsure.
"Please doctor, I want to speak with him."
You really are a complete piece of madness.
Heavy breathing, gulping and the weakend voice of a man at the other end.
He didn't start the conversation, maybe too anxious that you will hang up.
"Hello Peter... How? How are you?"
The panting stops immediatly.
"Darling? Are you really there? The put me under drugs. Is this a dream? I only saw darkness, since I couldn't see nor hear you. Please, tell me you're really there," he pleaded into the phone, repeating your name like a holy chant.
"Peter- Peter you're not imaganing things.
I'll ask again. Are you allright? How are they treating you?"
He laughed; or rather laugh-cried at hearing your voice.
"It's hell darling... All I do is sleep, eat, shower, take my pills and repeat... I thought you- you- never want to see me again," the man trembled and you listened.
"I believed you were already in a comitted relationship. I thought I would die in here, alone, unwanted, unwelcomed everywhere I go," he half- cried into the line.
"Peter...I- I have trouble believing you....
I have serious trouble whetever to trust you or not.
You have lied, hurt, manipulated and mlst of all traumatized me, I cannot forget that," you stated with a surprising confidence.
He choked on himself.
"But I am not one to hold grudges, ok maybe I am. But if I know that said person tries to improve themselves, then maybe and that is a huge MAYBE, then I'm gonna give them a chance.
So, that's where I stand Peter. Now you the stage is your's," you finished your poetic monologue.
"..."

"..."

"..."

"Hel-"
"I'LL DO IT," Peter suddenly screamed i to the phone, his usual energy returned on an instant.
"I'LL DO ANYTHING IN MY POWER TO GAIN YOUR TRUST AGAIN...
OH DARLING, YOU GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE? THAT'S THE BEST SURPRISE IN MONTHS.
I'LL NOT DISSAPPOINT YOU.
I'LL WORK HARDER.
I'LL MAKE YOU PROUD OF ME.
I'LL MAKE YOU MINE AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE MINE AGAIN, I'LL MAKE SURS EVERYTHING'S PERFECT, JUST YOU WA-"

"Calm down Peter, you gotta take a deep breath, ease your mind, everything will be alright," you reassured him, hoping he would not knock your ears off a second time.
He eagerly responded; From what you could hear, he almost coughed the words out.
"YES, YES, I'll be calm. Calm. Calm. So very calm and defensive."
The instable patient lulled your name a few times.
"Y/N, my dearest jewel in all of the grey ugly stones in this godforsaken world.
I won't dissappoint you."
With a loud "snap" the line was cut. As if one point you were alone again. Shaking your head you put the disturbing error of silence into your pocket.
Folding your arms you leaned back and looked to the sky, letting a tiny breeze of air whisk away all your worries. For a moment, there was nothing but peace and quiet.
As you opened again, your mind fluttering back to Peter you cursed you good-natured kind heart for going easy on him.
But, a really, a really bad idea crept itself inside your mind. Speeding into your room, you rumpaged through your things, like a kid searching for the last puzzle piece.
Finally!
The clinging of keys completed your quest. The keys to Peters house. He gave you them, in case something happens.
You had to see for yourself.
You had to see what this man really has to hide.
You could just leave it be and make more cautious move, but your dumb curiosity outwaged your still functioning brain the seize of golf ball...