Thirty-Four

Taehyung walked out of the bathroom in his pajamas. He yawned and ruffled his hair, it was late. When he looked at his phone he'd realized that the guys still weren't back from the mission that he'd been recused from.

As he was walking back to his room, he noticed a flicker coming from the dining room, so naturally he followed it.

When he turned the corner his face grimaced and he was about to turn away but,

"You've come this far. Tell me, Taehyung...Will you die from sitting here and having a drink with me?" Sera said, her head never turning to look at him.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"I've known you all my life. I can distinguish all of your footsteps." She sighed, "Come on...I heard about the ordeal with Taeyong. If we can't talk as friends, can we at least talk as parents?"

Taehyung thought for a moment. He'd noticed the way that the others acted differently towards her now. Like their woes had been taken and now he was in a pit of despair all on his own. Reluctantly, he went and sat beside her on the sofa in front of the fire place.

She handed him a glass of white wine, never looking at him, only the fire.

"He's a good kid—"

"You don't have to tell me he's a good kid, Sera. I know that." Taehyung sneers

Sera take a sip her wine, Taehyung does the same.

"I don't want to fight, Tae." She says softly after swallowing her drink, "I just want to have a conversation with you."

"It's hard to do that, Sera. Because I'm mad at you but I'm also mad at myself. I don't know how to react to you because what if I wake up and you're gone again?"

She nods, "That's fair...Taehyung," she breathes, "I...I don't regret anything that I did. If given the choice I'd do it again because I will always protect you guys. I did what I did back then because you would've died....On the spot they had people pointing guns and god knows what else at the home...Our home that housed our children."

She drinks some more, but Taehyung had long finished his.

"You want to be mad? Hate me—"

"I don't hate you..."

"Yeah whatever. The point is...Everything I did, I did because of love and protection. I didn't want to leave any of you but shit happens. What I will say is this....I love you, Taehyung. You and the rest of those idiotic men. I don't want to leave again, I want this to be over so we can buy a house that overlooks the water in the country like we always talked about. If you don't want that, then fine. Tell me so that I can move on. Tell me that you don't want me."

Taehyung bites his lip, now he's staring at the fire. He shakes his head, "I—I can't do that."

She scoffs, "Of course you can't. Because you love tormenting me.

"I can't because it wouldn't be true if I did." He turns his head and their eyes finally meet. "Promise me that you won't leave me again. Promise me that we will end this together. If you can promise this...Then all is forgiven." He states

Sera scoots closer to him after setting down her glass and grips his hands in her own, "Okay....Okay I promise."

He puts their foreheads together and he smiles, "Pinky?" He softly asks

***

"Kim Loona, over here, now." Namjoon demanded, Jungkook and Jin had long ago come to stand beside him and Loon stood between two group who had their guns drawn.