Chapter 33

Meya stared at the alluring hot bath. I wish I could just slip in already. She sighed and looked around the room—Lord Deminas was nowhere to be seen. Growing tired of waiting, she went into the bedroom and tended to the fire.

Minutes passed by as Meya prodded the wood in the hearth. I wonder what Nina's doing right now... She smirked at the thought of Commander Andreas slapping her butt but quickly scolded herself over it. However, the ghost of a grin remained as she imagined a rosy glow covering her lover's rear. A door closing behind her interrupted her thoughts.

Lord Deminas scrutinised her, a playful smile on his face. "Waiting for me?"

"Y-yes, my lord." She rose and straightened her robes, though she immediately regretted it. What now? She fidgeted with her apron as she watched the lord walk into the bathroom. She was still hesitating on following him right away or not when she heard him calling her.

"You coming, or are you enjoying waiting too much?"

Blushing, she quickly hurried after him. Seeing that he was already busy undressing only caused more blood to rush to her cheeks. The way he looked at her told her enough and she started to untie her apron. You'd think after all these months—let alone last night and this morning—I would get used to this. She took off her robe. But no, I still feel embarrassed just being naked in his presence. She breathed in deeply through her nose and exhaled, mentally chastising herself.

Lord Deminas' sudden presence in front of her startled her. He placed one hand on her bare shoulder and cupped her chin with the other, their gazes locking. "I find it peculiar how little recent events seem to have affected you."

She tensed up. But they have! She wanted to do something to show him, but the thought of initiating anything petrified her.

He moved closer, his lips brushing against her ear. "But I'm certain that will change over time."

Her knees grew weak from the sensation of his hot breath against her skin. His tongue flicked against her earlobe and a small squeak accompanied the moan escaping her lips.

Smiling deviously, he moved away and stepped into the warm water. "Now get in here and do your thing."

Meya took a deep breath, trying to regain her composure. "Yes, my lord." She slipped into the bath and immediately relished the warmth. Oh gods, how I've missed this.

Lord Deminas turned his back towards her and Meya got to work.

I really don't care anymore. So what if I'm spoiled? I've had enough bad stuff in my life—I deserve nice things too! She massaged his shoulders and noticed the tension she'd felt yesterday was as good as gone. I wonder what caused that to go away so soon... Was it the massage or the sex?

Memories of earlier events caused her cheeks to heat up.

I wouldn't mind doing that again. She licked her lips as her hands roamed his muscular back. I'm surprised there aren't any marks; I could have sworn I scratched him plenty last night.

The thought of leaving red streaks on his skin aroused her, and she had to fight the urge to teasingly pull her nails over his back. How would he react if I were to do that? She suckled her lip. How would he react if I were to kiss his neck? Or nibble his earlobe?

She kept massaging him, but the desire to do something else only continued to grow.

What if I scraped my teeth over his skin for a change? Whisper in his ear... Pinch his nipple... The latter caused a sly smile to tug at her lips. Oh, that would be so much fun... Would he get angry? Or would he like it?