Chapter 19

Lord Deminas appeared in the doorway, holding the ornate dagger in his right hand.

Meya stiffened. What's he going to use that for? Didn't he say he wasn't going to cut my hand again?

The lord walked over to the bed. "Get on your back and put your legs down."

Dread washed over her, but slowly she managed to force her body to comply.

He pulled down the covers slightly, exposing Meya's chest, then climbed on top of her and sat down on her legs. "Now, for the next part, I want you to remain still." He lowered himself so that he could whisper into her ear, "I told you I wasn't going to leave any permanent marks, but if you move, I might cut you deeper than intended."

Cut me? Her heart constricted painfully and she gulped as memories of the slaver pushed themselves to the forefront of her mind. He's not him, he's not him. Meya whimpered at the prospect of what was coming next.

Lord Deminas rose and he placed the tip of the dagger against her lips. "Shh..." His eyes shimmered with sadistic delight. He lowered the blade to her collarbone and slowly traced it over her skin, down to her solar plexus. The blade left a white path which reddened into welts.

Meya lay frozen, even forgetting how to breathe. This is not the same. I agreed to this. The lord's fingers on her chin triggered her lungs into functioning again. Gods, why did I agree to this?

"Such delicate flesh..." He pulled the blade over her breast, ensuring a red line would appear after several seconds.

Meya suppressed a shiver. Not the same, not the same...

With his free hand, he cupped her right breast, massaging it, whilst the blade created several more welts on her chest.

Meya bit the inside of her lip as her cheeks heated up. You evil—

Lord Deminas lowered himself and flicked his tongue against her nipple, causing Meya to gasp. He gently squeezed her breast, teeth grazing her skin, before lightly sucking her nipple.

Conflicting emotions shattered her mind as waves of pleasure rolled through her body. She arched her back slightly and stifled a moan as the lord stimulated her.

With a grin, he straightened himself again. He placed his left hand firmly on Meya's chest and brought the dagger to her right breast. "Now, remain still."

Flustered, Meya didn't quite register his words. A sharp, burning pain rushed through her breast, clearing the fog that had settled in her head. She nearly shot up reflexively, but the lord's hand kept her in place.

"I told you to keep still."

Meya clutched the bedding and whimpered as the wound on her breast throbbed painfully. She could feel the blood seeping down, tickling slightly, while the cut burned.

Lord Deminas put the blade down on the bed. With one hand he cupped her left breast, whilst the other held the side of her right—keeping his fingers away from the cut. He bent down and, slowly, began to lick up the blood, sending shivers through Meya's body.

He's mad. She trembled, wincing every time the lord's tongue connected with her skin. Drinking blood...

He lapped it all up and placed his mouth directly over the cut. His tongue flicked against the wound, setting Meya's already screaming nerves on fire.

She groaned and whimpered, tears escaping her eyes. The fact that he was also massaging her breast caused great conflict in her mind—pleasure and agony weren't two things she was used to experiencing simultaneously. Her head whirled. Despite herself, she realised she was becoming aroused yet again.