Chapter 30

By the time Meya got to his upper back, her legs had grown tired. Focused fully on her task, she sat down without thinking.

Lord Deminas chuckled. "I was wondering when you were finally going to sit."

Meya's hands stopped moving for a moment before quickly resuming their task. He's playing again, don't let it get to you. She swallowed and gathered her courage. "Does my weight bother you, my lord?"

"On the contrary, I think I'll prefer all future massages to be like this."

Does he want them done naked, too? She groaned internally. But of course.

"Lower."

Meya had to relocate a bit to gain full access to his lower back. If he wants the massages done like this, does that mean he'll no longer bathe with me? There was a sting of sadness at the prospect of no longer being able to enjoy the hot water. Annoyed, she shook her head. You're spoiled, Meya. Still, she couldn't help but feel bad at the thought of the bathing ritual coming to an end.

"Is there a problem?"

Damn it, how does he notice these things? Her hands continued rubbing his back. "N-no, my lord."

"Meya..."

She cringed. He can't even see my face and still knows when I lie. Should I just pretend I didn't?

"Tell me the truth."

She chewed her lip. Damn him! Her hands faltered. "I... I was just thinking, my lord... About what you said regarding future massages..."

"And what would be the problem with them?"

Her hands fell still as her mind worked hard on forming a proper answer.

Growing impatient, Lord Deminas rose and began to turn around. "Speak."

Startled, Meya quickly got off and sat down next to him, her eyes avoiding his. "N-no problem, my lord." Her cheeks were blazing as she realised how his leg had grazed her crotch. Oh gods, did that just happen? Did I—

His fingers lifted her chin so their eyes met. "Spill it."

"I... I..." She swallowed, a cold sweat coating her skin. "I was just wondering if... if..." Her breath hitched as the lord came closer to her face, his gaze burning into hers. "If that meant I'd no longer be joining you in bathing... my lord."

His lips curved into a smile once more, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Is it the hot water you'd be missing or me?"

Meya's eyes widened and she opened her mouth to counter, but the words got stuck in her throat.

"It seems you're in need of a bath right now, though..." He finally released her from his penetrating gaze, only to lower it to his leg and then to her crotch.

The fact that she'd smeared some of her slickness onto his leg was one thing, that he'd noticed was another. At a loss for words, her mouth stood agape—her face a portrait of sheer terror and shame.

His gaze met hers again. "I love it when you're all flushed like that..." He moved forwards and Meya backed away, but he was faster and she ended up underneath him. Caging her between his arms and legs, he bent down to whisper in her ear, "But I'm sure you're aware of what I like by now."

His hot breath tickled her skin, but the moment his tongue flicked against her earlobe, a surprised gasp escaped her throat. Meya's thoughts derailed and her body froze, stuck between fight, flight, and surrendering.

Lord Deminas trailed his lips along her neckline and down to her collarbone, his recently trimmed moustache and goatee prickling. "You have no idea how badly I want you..."