Chapter Seventy-Six

Elia slowly made her way up the stairs to the Iron Throne, her eyes set on the seat in front of her. It was almost impossible to believe they'd actually done it, she'd won. Elia ran her hand along the arm rest of the throne, taking in the familiarity of it again. People had died for this chair, dragons had died for this chair, and now she'd sit upon it, bearing their sacrifices on her shoulders.

As Elia turned around to take her place on the throne her eyes set on Aemond, who was leaning on his elbow to sit himself upward slightly while his hand squeezed his wound. Grey Ghost soon came to his side and lay behind him, allowing Aemond to lean his back against his belly. With Grey Ghosts support Aemond was able to shuffle into a more comfortable position. He then gave Elia a nod, telling her to take her seat. With his confirmation the Sapphire Queen lowered herself down onto the iron throne, a heaviness coming over her as she did so, ruling would now be a heavy burden, knowing to do so her family had to die.

Soon enough Willem Lannister made his way into the Red Keep for worry of Elia, Aemond and Cregan had gotten into trouble, but the sight of Elia on the Iron Throne relieved all those concerns. Soon enough Willem went back to the courtyard to fetch Prince Qoren and the men, leading them all back into the Throne Room to witness Elia being recrowned.

Cregan held the iron and ruby crown in his hands as he slowly made his way up to the throne. As the Stark came to stand before Elia he smiled at her, proud of the sight in front of him. "Elia, First of her name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, The Sapphire Queen, The Elusive, The heir to Dragonstone, The Realms Prize, The Sapphire Dragon, The Lady of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm." Cregan spoke as he placed the crown upon Elia's silver hair.

Even with the severe pain coursing through his entire body, Aemond managed to grab his sword from its scabbard and hold it up in the air in a manner of acknowledging Elia's rule.

Willem, Qoren, Cregan and their army of men all bent the knee and bowed to their Queen. From outside the castle you could hear the powerful roaring of Phoenix, Cannibal and Vhagar, while Grey Ghosts shrilling roar echoed throughout the throne room, however through the roars of the dragons, Elia swore she could hear the familiar melody of Tide Breakers unique roar, as if doing so from the afterlife.

_____________________

ELIA TARGARYENS REIGN

After the dance of the dragons, only a few dragons remained alive; Phoenix, Cannibal, Morning, Grey Ghost, Vhagar and Silverwing, however through Elia's reign she strived to bring back the population of dragons. Phoenix had laid multiple clutches of eggs over the 17 years, as well as Silverwing whom had made a lair on the Dragonmont. Another thing to mention was that the same year Elia retook her throne, she'd given Aemond two twin children, and then three years later Cregan two children.

Aemond had managed to forgive Elia for her crimes against Helaena, bargaining that he would do so on the terms that she'd truly forgive him for Lucerys death, which she agreed too. Though even with being married to Aemond, she'd found a love for Cregan during the war, and named him hand of the Queen so he may stay close to her and his daughters. His Sister Sara Snow, whom Elia legitimised as a true Stark became Lady Of Winterfell.

Alicent Hightower was not as understanding as her son and when Elia presented her the opportunity of forgiveness and atonement, the dowager Queen could only but turn her back on the offer. Alicent would never forgive Elia for what the girl had done to innocent Helaena and her children, as well as the treatment placed upon her fathers corpse. Elia had personally strung Otto Hightowers head upon a spike over the newly built walls of Kings Landing, with his withered cock stuffed in his mouth. A constant reminder of the treachery that one man had caused upon the Targaryen Dynasty. Having refused Elia's offer of forgiveness, Queen Alicent was confined to rot in her chambers until the day she died, holding a hatred for Elia until the end of time.

Fulfilling her promise to Prince Qoren, Elia's eldest son Luceryn was betrothed to Princess Coryanne Martell to become Queen one day, while Prince Qoren and Prince Mallor Martell were given roles as Master of coin and Master of war. Willem was relieved of his duty on Elia's Queensguard to become the new Lord of Casterly Rock.

All four children from Aemond and Cregan were born with Silver Targaryen hair, which allowed Cregan's children to pass for true borns and be raised as Princesses.

Luceryn I was Elia's first born, heir to her throne, and son to Aemond. Elia had chosen his name in honour of her brother Lucerys. Helaena II was Aemond's second born daughter, whom was named after his sister Helaena. The first born to Cregan was daughter Jacaera I who was named after Elia's brother Jacaerys. And then finally, Cregan's second daughter, the fourth born was named Elyanna I, chosen by Cregan, to be named after Elia.

All four children were dragon riders, with Luceryn hatching an egg that would later grow to be a beautiful white dragon named Zipherion, similar in appearance to Tide Breaker. Jacaera did not hatch a dragon, but instead claimed Silverwing through the guidance of her mother. Helaena and Elyanna also hatched eggs from Phoenix's clutch. Helaena's dragon was deep purple with pink wing membranes, named Meylax while Elyanna's dragon was pink with purple wing membranes named Meraxes II.

Baela and Rhaena had also survived the dance of the dragons, save for Moondancer who had died fighting Sunfyre, leaving Baela dragonless. In her hope for peace, Elia gifted Baela an egg from Phoenix's clutch. Baela's egg did later hatch into a silver dragon with pale green wing membranes which she named CloudDancer.

Lord Corlys was also pardoned for his acts against Elia during the dance and was sent back to Driftmark to live with his granddaughters in peace.

Elia ruled the seven kingdoms for 25 years before she peacefully passed away in her sleep at the age of 45. No one can be sure what had caused the Queens death, but what can be sure is that she passed away having come to terms with all the cruelty and mistakes she'd made in her life. Luceryn succeeded her not long after her passing and became known as 'The Sapphire King', the best king Westeros had seen, save for The Old King Jahaerys. Before Elia passed she made Aemond keep a promise; that he would always protect their children, and that's exactly what he did.

Cannibal and Phoenix remained riderless and wild for the remainder of their lives, with Cannibal passing away of old age sometime around 230 AC at 200 years old, while Phoenix passed away around 300 AC, at 201 years old. Vhagar, the faithful mount of Aemond Targaryen had died much earlier than Elia's dragons and had passed away in 155 AC, around the same time Elia had died. Grey Ghost was much younger than the rest and died somewhere around 315 AC. And as for Aemond himself, he lived a long life with his children, all the way until 172 AC before passing of old age at 65 years old.

As the centuries went on there was doubt Queen Elia even existed at all, but those that lived back then know, The Sapphire Dragon was very much real....

Authors Note: And so we've come to the end of Eternal Flame. This has been so much fun to write and I've loved every moment of it. Thank you so much to everyone for reading, voting and commenting! :) As I've mentioned earlier on, I want make a sequel to Elia and Aemond's story, reincarnating them into the world of Game Of Thrones alongside Daenerys Targaryen. Is this something people would still want to read?? I absolutely love Elia and would love to do an addon to fully finish off her story.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑬𝑻𝑬𝑹𝑵𝑨𝑳 𝑭𝑳𝑨𝑴𝑬 | Elia Velaryon x Aemond Targaryen 🎉