Chapter Thirty-Nine

Elia went straight to her room once they had gotten back to Dragonstone. Lord Borros had thanked Elia a numerous amount of times for the participation of her dragon fire during the funeral, he seemed immensely grateful that she had fulfilled his sons wish.

Elia found it a little strange how quiet her mother had been since the funeral, she had been acting strange, like there was something bugging her, but Elia couldn't quite figure out what it was. She would speak to her mother about it once she got back from Kings Landing, which is where she was going to head once she had changed out of her depressing black dress.

Elia slipped out of the raven black dress quickly before changing into something more suitable; a more casual sapphire blue dress.

Once she had finished getting changed she made her way out of her chambers and began her waltz down the long cobble halls in the direction of the castles back entrance where her dragons were landed outside.

"Elia." Daemons voice echoed from down the other end of the hallway behind Elia.

The Princess halted in her steps and turned to face her step father, who was looking at her with a serious expression. "I need to speak with you." He said.

Elia frowned, "What about?" She inquired as she crossed her hands in front of her.

Daemon nodded his head toward his chambers, gesturing for her to follow him inside them so they may talk alone. Elia did so with a questioning expression, her brows creased downwards.

She stepped into his chambers and closed the doors behind her before speaking, "What is it you wanted to speak to me about?" She repeated.

Daemon leaned against the wall, his arms folded across his chest as he looked at Elia for a moment before replying, "Do you remember the story I told you a few days ago?" He asked.

Elia nodded, "I do."

"I told you to make do with that story what you would." He stated.

Elia nodded, "Yes you did." She replied, a suspicious expression on her face, wondering where Daemon was going with this.

"And did you?" He questioned.

Elia tilted her head, slightly confused at what he was asking her, "Did I what?.."

"Did you make do with my story in your own way, I obviously had a clear intention why I told it to you at that very time. Did you understand what I was trying to say?" He asked, raising his brows expectantly, his forehead lines forming as his brows lifted.

"I believe I did, and I thank you for it. Without you, I doubt I would have done what was necessary." Elia replied.

"So it was you who killed him?" Daemon asked.

Elia didn't reply straight away, she was caught off guard by Daemons sudden accusation. Though she didn't know why it was a surprise, after all, they both were on the same page with the message he was trying to pass to her by telling the story of Rhea. "I did, and I believe I did it well, don't you?" She replied.

Daemon chuckled at this, "Well considering you haven't been caught, I'd say that is impressive. How'd you do it? I'm interested to know how 'Elia The Elusive' pulled off such a treasonous murder." He said, rather impressed with the girl.

"It was quite simple really, what are Baratheons known for? Hunting, they thrive in the wilderness chasing after their prey. All I had to do was organise for Ser Theodore to 'accidentally' have too much wine so that the Boar could do the work for me." She explained, pausing for a moment as she looked over Daemons expression, he was smiling slightly. "Though unfortunately he was expected to survive his injuries, which forced me finish the job with my own hands. I drove this dagger right through his open wound." She said as she reached under her dress and pulled the Valyrian steel dagger from its sheath.