Chapter Fifty

"Will you return to Kings Landing with me? Lucerys has missed you terribly, I'm sure he'll be delighted to see you once he's returned home." Jacaerys said as he climbed onto his dragon.

Elia smiled softly, "Allow me to speak to Alicent first, I have something I need to take care of, but once all is said and done I'll return to Dragonstone." She replied as she pulled herself from the arm of Cannibals wing and up into the saddle.

Jacaerys nodded, "Very well, I wish you safe flight Sister." He said.

"And I wish you good fortune in the Eyrie and White Harbour." Elia replied before leaning down and giving her dragon a pat.

"We'll meet again soon, promise me." Jacaerys said as he grabbed Vermax's reins.

Elia nodded, "I promise." She said before pulling up her own reins, turning Cannibal around to face the frozen lake that she had fallen into the last time she had visited. "Sōves Cannibal." She spoke.

The black dragon spread his wings and moved forward a few paces, getting a run up before prancing off the snowy ground and into the air. Elia glanced over her shoulder to her brother one last time. Vermax bounded up from the ground and began flying off in the opposite direction of them.

Snow fell lightly on Elia and Cannibal as they flew through the sky. Small flakes would occasionally get caught on Elia's eyelashes and hair as they made their ascent above the clouds to avoid the cold.

....

The massive black dragon descended over Kings Landing, where he dropped down behind the Dragonpit where Vhagar was residing. Elia frowned as she noticed the titanic She-Dragon, clearly indicating that Aemond had returned. However as her dragon touched down on the grass, she noticed something on Vhagar's jaws and snout. Elia slipped off of her dragon and slowly approached the monstrous She-Dragon, and that's when she saw it; Fresh red blood was streaked and splattered across Vhagar's jaws and snout.

Quickly, Elia began making her way out of the grassy field behind the Dragonpit and in the direction of the castle. She received many looks as she went, mostly confused ones as the people hadn't expected to see the Queen running about in such a distressed manner.

Elia sprinted into the courtyard, passing the guards without even acknowledging them before hasting up the stairs and into the castle. She sped through the hallways, turning each corner as they came before she burst into the Throne Room, where Alicent held Aemond's arms in her hands as she looked at her son with an expression of horror.

Aemond and Alicent quickly turned their heads to Elia as they heard her footsteps dawning upon them.

"Aemond, what the fuck?" Elia said as she came toward her husband.

"Elia-" Alicent went to speak when the Queen cut her off.

"Who's blood is it Aemond? Please tell me it isn't a persons." Elia said in distress as she glued her eyes upon her husband who for the first time in his life seemed nervous.

"Well.. It's not a persons." Aemond said in a shaky voice.

Elia let out a relieved sigh, her heart easing as he spoke the words. "Thank the gods, who's is it then?" She asked.

Aemond didn't answer immediately, he still seemed nervous. His lips parted hesitantly after a moment and he spoke. "It's Arrax's." He said.

In that moment Elia felt like her entire body could have stopped working completely. Like she could fall onto her knees and scream at the top of her lungs. She didn't need to inquire further on what exactly Aemond was talking about, she knew what Arrax's blood on Vhagar's massive jaws meant. Lucerys was dead, at the hands of her own husband.