Chapter Two

Elia held the torch firmly in her left hand as she crept through the damp pitch black cave. For months she had sought out this magnificent dragon, all after hearing of the tales told of its ferocity and size; The Cannibal was a dragon no Targaryen had ever successfully claimed, but Elia was confident of her abilities as a Dragon rider and her true blood as both a Targaryen and a Velaryon.

She followed along the path her stepfather had told her about. Daemon had sinced married Elia's mother, Rhaenyra and gave her two sons; Viserys and Aegon the younger, and though Elia didn't mind such an arrangement, her brothers seemed less pleased on the idea, as did Baela and Rhaena, whom you had not seen since the incident with Aemond's eye. After your grandsire, King Viserys pardoned Lucerys of any punishment from what he had commited, your family quickly departed for Dragonstone and had yet to return to Kings Landing. There was also the rumours of Elia's father Laenor's death, many conspired that Rhaenyra had ordered him killed so she may marry Daemon, though these rumours were also quickly put to rest as King Viserys decreed anyone that dare speak ill of his daughter again would lose their head. Only Daemon, Rhaenyra and Elia knew of what really happened to Laenor Velaryon.

Finally, the caves path came to an end, infront of Elia was a massive pitch black crypt, with the sound of low grunting placed in the darkness. She kept her eyes glued on the darkness as she crouched and put the torch on the floor before standing back up, to which she was met with a massive head beginning to peer out from the blackness, its knife like teeth on display as the massive dragon looked at her.

Elia stood in awe of the giant beast that was slowly coming more and more out of the darkness, revealing its titanic body and wings. The Cannibal then opened his large jaws, a bright flame lighting in the pit of his throat as he readied to spit fire upon Elia.

"Dohaerās Cannibal" Elia spoke firmly, her right hand raised to halt the dragon from attacking.

Cannibal only growled lowly at the girl in front of him, the golden light of flame remaining in the pit of his throat.

"Dohaerās Cannibal, Dohaerās" Elia spoke again, this time in a tone that demonstrated her authority over the dragon.

At her order, The Cannibal closed his jaws and lowered himself down to the ground, allowing for Elia to climb atop his back if she so wished. With a grin Elia gladly did so, standing on the arm of The Cannibals wing as she climbed up onto his back, though she would be a liar if she didn't admit she was rather nervous, he did not have a saddle and wouldn't have one until she got him back to Dragonstone.

"Naejot Cannibal" Elia spoke, the black dragon followed command quickly and began moving forward through the cave.

The Cannibal came to the entrance of the cave, the sun stinging Elia's eyes as he stepped out into the light again. Tide Breaker was waiting on the grassy field outside the cave and quickly rose to his feet when he saw his rider on the Cannibal.

"Māzīs Tide Breaker, Sōvētēs" Elia commanded and both her dragons spread their wings and took to the sky.

Elia clung onto one of The Cannibals back spikes to keep her secure in her place as Cannibal soared quickly through the sky, the wind whipping through her hair at the speed in which the dragon flew.

Tide Breaker was much smaller and quicker than the Cannibal and took off in front, back towards Dragonstone. The Cannibal let out a powerful roar before following behind Tide Breaker, keeping right at the white dragons tail.

...

Cannibal landed himself outside the castle, on the grassy banks where all the other dragons resided. Elia's family had obviously been alerted of her return as they quickly came to the castles back entrance, looks of disbelief on their faces as they saw Elia atop the great Cannibal.

The dark black dragon lowered himself to the ground once again, allowing Elia to easily slip off his back and onto the ground. With a pet on his head and a nod of confirmation, the large dragon took off into the sky to fly freely.

Daemon smiled, "So you actually managed it?" He said with an impressed expression.

Rhaenyra looked at her husband in disbelief, "You knew about this?!" She questioned.

Daemon shrugged amusedly.

"I know what the stories have said of him, but he's a magnificent dragon" Elia said to her mother.

"He's also dangerous, you already have a dragon, you couldn't just be content with him?" She said, though in the end she chuckled, she knew her daughter well enough to know she couldn't argue with her on the matter, "There is something we must discuss however, the boys are already aware as I explained while you were away trying to get yourself killed" Rhaenyra expressed.

Elia nodded cautiously as she gestured for her mother to continue.

Rhaenyra cleared her throat before taking Elia's hands up in her own, "There has been.. complications regarding Lucerys claim to Driftmark, your Uncle Vaemond has called for a trial" she explained.

Elia rolled her eyes, "Ugh, of course he does, what else is new?" She said.

Rhaenyra frowned, "This is serious Elia, the Kings council has summoned us to Kings Landing, we're expected to be there by the morning" she said.

Elia chuckled breathily, "Great, it'll give me a chance to get Cannibal use to the city" she said.

Rhaenyra shook her head, "Not this time, we don't want to come off threatening, you understand that, do you not?"

Elia creased her brows disappointedly, "I understand, Tide Breaker it is" she assured with a smile.

Rhaenyra smiled in gratitude, "Thank you, now get your things ready, we leave for Kings Landing first light" she said.

With that, Elia departed with her mother, brothers and stepfather, heading into the castle to her quarters to get her things packed. She followed along the cobble stone wall that led to her chambers, before long she had arrived at her door. She pushed it open and stepped inside, before allowing the door to fall shut behind her. The fragrance of soft mint met her nose as she noticed her candle she had lit earlier that morning was still burning, giving the room a sweet aroma.

She wasn't overly excited to be heading back to Kings Landing after 6 years of bad blood between the Greens and her own family, she had no doubt Aemond especially would be less than kind to her or any of her siblings for that matter. Though she wouldn't mind Aemond challenging her to a duel, after all, he wasn't the only one skilled when it came to fighting anymore. For a period of Elia's teen life she was sent to Dorne, where she lived among the Martells. Originally she was sent there in the hopes there would be a betrothal to unite the two houses through blood, but Elia had no interest in any of the Dornish Princes, regardless of how attractive they may have been.

Instead during Elia's stay she was taught the art of spear combat, the Martells were well known for their skill with spears and so Elia insisted she learn from the best. It took a while but eventually she learned how to move with swiftness and agility against an opponent, whilst swinging a spear around her body and above her head with ease.

At least this time if Aemond intended on a fight, she could even the odds finally. This visit to Kings Landing would surely be interesting.