Chapter Nineteen

"Remember, you're faster than him, use that to your advantage" Daemon said as he helped Elia put on her armour.

Elia glanced over at the knight she was to battle against first, he was a tall, fat man with a scruffy ginger beard. "He'll be little challenge, unless he sits on me" Elia mused.

Daemon tightened her iron shoulder pads, "Fat fucker" he chuckled mockingly, though his voice was low so the man would not hear him.

Elia picked up her spear and spun it around in her hand a few times to prepare herself. She was determined to make it to finals and face off against Aemond so that this time, she could kick his ass.

"I think your mothers still quite against you doing this" Daemon said with a chuckle as he finished tightened Elia's shoulder pads.

Elia raised her brows in agreement, "Mother worries far too much" she replied.

"You're her children, it's her duty to worry" Daemon said as he stepped back to look over your magnificent ruby red armour with the Targaryen sigil on the left shoulder pad and the Velaryon sigil on the right. "Knock that fat cunt into the ground" Daemon said with a grin.

"Of course" Elia said, spinning the spear in her hand again before making her way out of the tent and over to the circle arena.

The fat man was yet to arrive, but as soon as Elia stepped into the arena the crowd roared out in cheers and applaud for the Velaryon Princess. Elia looked around to the where the noble houses were sitting in the their designated booths, there she spotted her family clapping and smiling the widest grins for her, especially Luke, who admired his sister for entering such a prestigious tournament.

The fat man stepped into the arena from the opposite side, he looked right at Elia, though she couldn't tell his expression as he was wearing a helm. However the fat knight could see her expression since she refused on wearing a helm, a large smirk on her face as she demonstrated her skill by spinning the spear around her head and then waist, while simultaneously spinning around herself. Once she finished her demonstration she held her arms out to the sides as if to say 'Ta-Daa'.

The crowd roared out once again in applauds, Lucerys put his fingers to his lips and whistled out in cheer for his sister.

The large knight grunted aggressively as he pulled his sword from its scabbard before moving in a quick pace towards Elia, an anger to his steps.

Elia moved towards the man just as he was to her. When they met, he swiftly swung his sword at her, but of course she had been expecting such a move and ducked under the blade. She tightened her hold on her spear before swinging it at the fat knight, but he roughly smacked it away with his free hand. Elia then attempted to use her leg and sweep him off his feet so he would tumble to the ground, but he was much to heavy for her to perform such a move. He thrust his sword downwards at her as she crouched low to the ground after attempting to trip him. She quickly jumped back to avoid the blade, stumbling a little at the awkward move.

The crowd gasped as Elia stumbled, but she was able to quickly regain her balance.

Elia swiftly stepped towards the man, the spear held idly by her side as she moved. The knight swung his sword at her again, but she quickly ducked under it and move behind him. Using her leg, she kicked him right in the back of his knee, forcing him downwards as his knees buckled. Once she got him on the ground, she kicked him in the ribs, making him fall onto his back in a coughing fit. She pulled her spear from sitting at her side and thrust it at his throat, stopping just inches from actually connecting.

"Surrender" Elia said.

The man grumbled in annoyance but nonetheless threw his sword to the side to show he was giving up.

The crowd applauded and cheered out for her, but her ears only focused on the delighted whistles and screams of Lucerys, who had grown ever more so admiring of his sister.

With Elia's first victory secured she dropped her spear back to her side idly as she strutted out of the arena, her chin tilted up with pride.

Aemond couldn't get his eyes off of Elia the entirety of the match and a few times throughout it, he caught himself instinctively flinching to stand up and protect her every time the fat knight swung his sword at her. He hated having such a natural reflex to protect the Princess, especially after their heated argument the night prior.

Elia made her way back into her families tent where they had all rushed from the seating booth to meet her in there.

"Elia you were amazing!" Lucerys exclaimed as he took his sisters hands in his own with a sweet smile.

Elia returned his smile, "Thank you Luke" she said.

"You were splendid to watch Princess, and congratulations on your first victory of the day, I'm sure you will have many more" Alicent added with a smile.

"Thank you my Queen" Elia replied.

"Aemond is going out next, shall we get back to our seats?" Otto suggested.

"Of course" Alicent nodded, gesturing for Elia to link arms with her so they may be seated together.

Elia glanced at her mother unsurely, but Rhaenyra only gave a reassuring nod, gesturing for Elia to go with Alicent.

Elia walked over to Alicent and hooked her arm around the Queens with a smile before walking with her back to the nobles booth. She passed Ser Theodore Baratheon on the way, he threw her a wink and a flying kiss which made her grimace. He was also competing in the hunt competition, and she hoped he wouldn't pester her while she was tracking her game.

Alicent lowered herself into her seat, with Elia following after, sitting herself down in the seat beside the Queen.

The crowd roared even louder applauds then they had with Elia when Aemond stepped into the arena, his silver sword in hand. His opponent was a humongous, well built man in heavy steel armour. Elia had always thought Aemond was quite tall, but this man standing against him was something she imagined a giant would look like. Of course, he wasn't as tall as a real giant would be, but he was certainly ginormous.

The large man bounded towards Aemond in one swift motion, and Elia wasn't sure if Aemond would be able to overcome the giant sized man.

Aemond swept gracefully behind the man's back and used his leg to knock the man over, just as Elia had in her battle. Aemond kicked the man in the back of the knees, causing them to buckle and make him fall. Aemond then stepped over the man and held his sword at his throat, "Surrender, or I'll have no problem cutting you open" he said.

The ginormous man sneered at Aemond before throwing his sword aside in surrender.

Elia was rather impressed at how fast and effortlessly Aemond managed to beat the big man, though she was less impressed that they had used the same technique in their fights, she would make a mental note to switch it up for her next fight, she didn't want to win the same way Aemond would.