Chapter Three

The maids tied the last of Elia's bags to Tide Breakers saddle before stepping back from the dragon. After making sure the bags would not come loose from the saddle they turned to make their way back to the castle to assist Rhaenyra and Daemon who were sailing to Kings Landing.

"Thank you" Elia said to the maids as they passed her, giving them a grateful smile before they disappeared back into the castle.

"Hello handsome, are you ready to go?" Elia spoke softly as she moved near her dragons head and stroked his nose with a smile.

Tide Breaker purred softly against the touch of his rider. He had always been a very affectionate Dragon, perhaps it was because he was young.

Elia moved from Tide Breakers head and over to his side where she stepped onto the arm of his wing and climbed into the saddle. Tide Breaker was much easier to mount since he was much smaller than the cannibal and didn't need to lay down to allow Elia to climb onto his back.

"Sōvēs" Elia whispered as she leaned down towards her dragons head.

Tide Breaker lifted his long wings upwards and then pranced into the air, leaving a cloud of dust behind him from where he had taken off.

On dragon back Kings Landing was a short flight and would take no more than an hour to get there, though Elia dreaded being in the capital alone without her family, she didn't enjoy the idea of dealing with the Greens company while she awaited the rest of her family's arrival.

....

Elia could see Kings Landing in the near distance, and she were disappointed the flight was almost over, she always enjoyed riding on Dragon back. She turned Tide Breaker downwards slightly so she may descend upon the Dragonpit when she reached it, though just as she did this, a booming roar all too familiar sounded from below her.

At the moment she went to look down upon the roar of the dragon, it flew up passed her in a swift motion, avoiding knocking into Tide Breaker by mere inches.

Elia looked up towards the dragon and it's rider, less than pleased about their foolish antics. Vhagar flew upwards a bit more, with Aemond on her back before she dove down again towards Elia and Tide Breaker.

Elia pulled on the reins and turned her dragon to dive horizontally towards the direction of the dragonpit. Vhagar chased quickly after them and Elia could faintly hear the taunting chuckles of Aemond as she and Tide Breaker were being pursued by the far larger dragon.

Tide Breaker flew low over the city, only metres between him and the buildings below. Aemond still continued to chase after the two of them, though he couldn't get quite as low unless he wanted Vhagar to accidentally demolish houses as she went.

Finally, Elia reached the dragon pit and turned Tide Breaker down, allowing him to land at his own pace, just outside the dragon pit entrance.

Vhagar soon landed beside Elia, shaking the ground as she did so. Startled by the titanic dragon, Tide Breaker let out a high pitched hiss, not worried of how much Vhagar stood over him, though the old dragon seemed to busy watching the birds squawking above to even notice Tide Breaker.

Elia slid out from the saddle and landed on the ground, a click sounding as her riding boots hit the cobble. She pulled off her gloves and made her way over to her dragons head, giving him a reassuring pat, allowing him to calm his temper.

"Hello Princess" Aemond greeted smugly, startling Elia as he stood tall right at her back, his hands rested behind him.

Elia turned around to face the silver haired prince with a glare, "If you would be so kind as to back yourself out of my space, I prefer that mewling insects keep their distance" she taunted with a sarcastically fake smile.

Aemond's lips curled into an amused grin, "Still a brat then" he said.

Elia spun on her heels and turned back to face Tide Breaker, allowing her hair to whip Aemond across his face as she turned. Elia was just about to move to begin untying her bags from the saddle when Aemond gripped her upper arm and yanked her back towards him. He leaned down to her ear and whispered lowly, "Careful Princess" he warned with a sneer.

"It'd be best to keep your hands to yourself dear Uncle, I assume you value your pretty head" Elia returned the warning with a smirk.

Aemond chuckled breathily, "The Queen sent me here to escort you in hopes we might have grown past our differences. I have no intention of making your stay here easy, but perhaps if you get on your knees and apologise, I might consider going easier on you" he taunted with a glaring smile.

Elia tilted her head slightly and pouted her lips, "You're going to have to do better than that Uncle" she teased before turning back to her dragon to take her bags from the maids that had already begun untying them for her.

"Do be careful, Tide Breaker is rather sensitive around new people" Elia said before shoving past Aemond to began her walk towards the castle.

Aemond hummed to himself before moving to follow behind Elia, observing her every move she made. Elia felt him watching her carefully and she chuckled, "I think I'd rather be fed to my dragon than have your company this entire walk, so why don't you fuck off" she scowled.

Aemond chuckled, "I'd enjoy nothing more than to see that Princess" he replied tauntingly.

Elia held her head high and huffed, pissed off that she was now forced to endure this entire walk with Aemond glued to her back, burning a hole in her back with his one glaring eye.

....

"Princess Elia, how good it is to see your face again" Alicent smiled as Elia and Aemond made their way into the courtyard where Alicent had been waiting for them.

Elia put on a fake smile, "And you my Queen" she said as she was pulled into Alicent's embrace.

"We're delighted to have you here Princess" Otto added from behind Alicent, a friendly smile plastered across his face.

As much as Elia wanted to stick a spear through that wretched face of his, her mother had requested she behave yourself during their stay. Elia had made no promises, but would try her best when it came to the Queen.

"Please join us inside, we have a feast prepared in the dining room" Alicent insisted as she gestured for Elia to follow Otto.

With a huff of dread she stepped past Alicent and gave Otto a nod. He smiled again before turning around and making his way into the castle with his head held high.

Elia tucked her hands behind her back as she walked, Alicent and Aemond were following closely behind, chatting amongst themselves that Elia couldn't quite hear, not that she were even bothering to listen in the first place.

Otto pushed open the door and stepped aside, allowing for Elia to enter the dining room first. She did so with an awkward expression, stepping inside she cast her gaze around the room, she was startled when she noticed two people already sitting at the table; her aunt Helaena and Uncle Aegon.