Chapter Thirty-Six

Two days had passed since the Targaryens had arrived back from the North and Elia was finally putting her plan in motion after speaking to Ser Lannister about his participation.

"I thought Lannisters always payed their debts? and well, a wise man once told me, life can only be repaid with death" Elia said, folding her arms as she awaited what Willem might say.

The Lannister was silent a long time, finding it difficult on how he might reply to this, he was no killer and only but wished to live a peaceful life.

It was difficult for Cannibal to fit inside the gates of Casterly Rock, and so he had to stand atop the walls, with his neck extended downwards to where his rider and Willem were standing. The large black dragon could sense Elia becoming impatient with Willem, who wasn't answering her for quite some time, and so the Cannibal took it upon himself to give the Lannister some motivation by letting out a low hiss towards him.

"My dragon and I expect an answer rather soon." Elia stated as she tucked her hands behind her back.

"Princess I mean no disrespect, but this is mad, you can't possibly expect me to go along with this?" Willem finally spoke, worry in his tone.

"Of course I expect you to go along with it, I saved your life and now you owe me a favour, and for compensation for your troubles, you will be rewarded, should my mothers dragon Syrax lay another clutch of eggs, I'll have one delivered to you." Elia said, her proposal almost impossible to refuse.

Willem frowned, "But there's no guarantee your mothers dragon will lay another clutch." He said.

"Indeed, but offering you a dragon egg is me being generous. For one I don't need to give you anything since you owe me something, not the other way around but also you are a Lannister, not a Targaryen, you're in no position to possess a dragon's egg, and yet I'm offering it for your troubles." Elia replied, raising a brow expectantly.

"And If I refuse?" He asked, his hands trembling slightly as he noticed the Cannibal's piercing green eyes fixed on him.

"Nothing, you will continue your life as normal, though, you will still owe me a debt that perhaps I'll ask for in different payment, perhaps It'll be a worse favour than the one I am asking in this moment. You also will not have any chance of getting a dragon egg again." She stated.

Willem huffed, running his hand through his blonde hair as he saw he didn't really have a choice, and so he decided to accept. "I'll do it, but you must promise me, we will not get caught." He said, concern in the way his brows creased.

"I give you my word." Elia assured, "And thank you, just think, you might be the first Lannister to ever have a dragon egg of your own." She said before putting two fingers to her lips and whistling for Cannibal to extend one wing downwards so she may be lifted from the ground and up onto the wall to climb on his back.

....

"Is it done?" Aemond asked as he made his way down the castle stairs and into the courtyard where Elia and Cannibal had just landed moments prior.

The Princess climbed off the Cannibal and made her way over to Aemond with a grin, "It's done, Ser Lannister will be attending the hunt tomorrow at first light." She said.

Aemond frowned, "How did you convince him?" he inquired, his voice low so no one else could hear the two of them.

Elia chuckled, "I offered a Dragon Egg from Syrax's clutch, assuming she produces another." she answered.

Aemond looked confused, glancing around the courtyard for a moment to make sure no one was eavesdropping before turning back to Elia, "Only those with Targaryen blood can hatch a dragon's egg, he hasn't an ounce of our blood." He said.