Chapter Fourty-Five

Not even the day after Elia had claimed Phoenix, the Red She-Dragon lay a clutch of four eggs, all varying in different colours. The Princess had instructed the dragon keepers tend to three of the four eggs as the fourth one would be delivered to Ser Willem Lannister as part of their deal. Elia also was desperate to get her new dragon out and flying with her and so requested a saddle be crafted immediately for the She-Dragon. Though the saddle wouldn't be ready for at least a weeks time, the Dragon Keepers had given her a saddle DreamFyre had used 15 years earlier and had since outgrown.

Elia reached up to the bag tied to Phoenix's saddle and gently slipped the golden egg inside the pouch before fastening it closed to keep the egg secure.

"Are you sure we cannot send a raven to Casterly Rock? I'm sure it'd be more suitable for Ser Willem to come to Kings Landing, after all, your coronation is tomorrow." Amber, one of the servant girls said.

Elia smiled as she pet her crimson red dragon, "I promised Ser Lannister I would deliver his gift personally." She replied, shaking her head.

Amber became intrigued and tried to peer inside the bag tied to Phoenix's saddle, though she didn't dare going near the dragon. "May I ask what the gift is?" She asked, gesturing to the bag.

Elia glanced to the saddle bag for a moment and then back to Amber. "One of the dragon eggs that have since failed to hatch. He wished to have one displayed in his chambers." She lied, knowing all too well that the egg he was receiving was a fresh one.

Amber frowned, "I wasn't aware other houses got those privileges? Would it not be fitting for him to perhaps have a lion taxidermy? Or something similar?" She questioned.

Elia chuckled, "It does sound more fitting doesn't it? Quite a shame we don't have any Lions in Westeros." She replied with a shrug.

"I wonder if Lions were in Westeros, do you think Lannisters could ride them just like Targaryens can ride Dragons?" Amber asked with a grin, seemingly enthralled on such an idea.

Elia chuckled again, "Do we have stags in Westeros?" She questioned.

Amber nodded with a confused frown.

"And do Baratheons ride them?" Elia asked, raising one brow expectantly.

The servant girl shook her head, "No my Princess, they don't. A silly thought of mine, I merely thought that-" She went to explain herself but Elia cut her off.

"Targaryen's ties to dragons are through blood magic, that's what allows us to bond with them. Unfortunately, I'm unaware of such magic being practiced in Westeros, so I would doubt the Lannisters, or any other house for that matter will ever have a bond with the representation of their house like we do with our dragons." Elia said, clasping her hands together in front of her as she explained.

Amber nodded, "I've heard the stories Princess, it was just my imagination getting the better of me." She said, shrugging off her previous comments.

Elia smiled, "Well, I would love to hear more ideas from your imagination later perhaps? I fear I've never had a knack for creativity and the like." She said.

The servant girl nodded enthusiastically, "It would be my pleasure!" She exclaimed.

"I look forward too." Elia said, giving the girl one last smile before stepping towards Phoenix.

The red She-Dragon let out a soft grunt as she lowered herself to the ground, allowing Elia to climb into the saddle.

The Princess swiftly pulled herself up onto her dragons back and shuffled comfortably into the saddle before grabbing the reins in her hands. "Sōves Phoenix." She spoke as she leaned down to her dragon.

Following her command, Phoenix lifted her red wings upwards and pranced off the ground and out of the doors of the Dragonpit.

....

Elia circled Casterly Rock a few times until she saw the familiar Willem Lannister come out onto his balcony to see the unfamiliar red dragon soaring over his home. Elia turned Phoenix down towards the ground, landing the She-Dragon outside the walls of Casterly Rock to await Willem, who had rushed back inside to make his way down to ground level of the castle and then to Elia.

The Princess slid off of Phoenix's back and gave the red dragon a pat on the neck with a soft smile before reaching up and untying the small brown bag tied to her saddle. Just as the bag came loose, footsteps behind her could be heard, then followed the voice of the familiar Lannister.

"Princess Elia?" Willem questioned, seemingly surprised to see her.

Elia turned around to face the boy, nodding in acknowledgment at him, the brown bag containing the egg held in her arms. "Ser Lannister, it's good to see you again." She said.

Willem gave a quick bow to the Princess before meeting her eyes, "It's good to see you too Princess, though may I ask what on earth you're doing here? Im sure you need time to prepare for your coronation?" He said.

Elia chuckled before stepping towards the Lannister, lifting the bag in her hands and holding it out for him. "As promised." She said.

Willem frowned in confusion as he slowly took the bag from the Princesses hands and unbuckled it so he could peer inside. His eyes widened at the sight of the golden scaled dragon egg tucked inside the leather pouch. "Princess?" He questioned, unsure of what she had presented him with.

"I believe that was part of our deal remember? My mothers dragon didn't quite lay the egg like I promised, but my own dragon did instead, I'm sure it's all the same too you." Elia explained as she gestured to the red She-Dragon stood behind her.

"Are you serious?" Willem asked, in disbelief that he was actually holding a dragon egg of his own.

"That was our deal wasn't it? And I'm sure there's a lot more generosity to go around once I'm Queen. I assume you'll be attending my coronation?" Elia asked, raising her brows expectantly at the Lannister boy.

Willem nodded, "I certainly will, though I cannot say the same for my older brother.." he admitted unsure of how the Princess would react to this.

Elia frowned, "Still hell bent that a woman doesn't have the strength and brutality to rule?" She questioned.

Willem nodded sheepishly, casting his eyes down to his feet to avoid the intensity of Elia's gaze.

The Princess scoffed, "The Red She-Dragon wasn't convincing enough? Id like to see him claim anything but a whore in a brothel, then we can speak on the matter of who's fit to rule." She said pointedly.

This made Willem chuckle, enjoying the remarks Elia was spitting so carelessly at his brother. He never did enjoy Jason's company and was glad someone like Elia would put him in his place.

Elia chuckled with him, "That amuses you?" She asked with a grin.

Willem nodded, still holding a smile on his face from his laugh. "I look forward to seeing my brothers face when he has to bend the knee to a woman." He said.

"I look forward to seeing it as well. Now, I must be heading back home, I'm sure Alicent will be dying to speak to me about preparations." Elia said as she turned and swiftly climbed back on her dragon.

Willem nodded, "Of course, I'll see you tomorrow hopefully, and- thank you, for the egg." He said as he held the brown leather bag in his arms, the golden scales on the egg peering out the top.

Elia smiled, "You're welcome Ser Lannister." She said before disappearing into the air with Phoenix.

Authors Note: Shorter chapter than the last few, but I finished this off literally before I went to sleep so I got lazy and decided to continue writing in the next chapter so I could have an update for u guys tonight/today depending where you live lol. Anyway, another thank you for everyone that's been reading, next chapter is where things START TO GO DOWN ;)