Chapter Fifty-Four

Aemond gripped the net full of fish tightly in one hand, the other outstretched slightly as he made his way cautiously through the cave. Elia followed close behind him, holding the torch in her hand to light the way again.

"Remember, when we get there, approach him calmly, Grey Ghost is an especially timid dragon and is more likely to startle at any sudden movements. Be patient and slow with him." She instructed as they continued their way thorough the dark tunnel.

Aemond grumbled in annoyance, he still didn't like the idea of this entire ordeal, but of course he'd do it if it meant Elia might begin to trust him again. The silver haired King Consort continued down the dark cavernous path a while longer until the light hissing of a young dragon could be heard from around the corner to come.

"Don't show fear, he'll sense it." Elia whispered as the two of them slowly rounded the corner, where they came to face the pale grey tail of Grey Ghost that was slightly emerged from the darkness.

Aemond nodded before taking a few cautious steps toward the dragon who had his back on them. Aemond composed himself, not allowing any fear to seep from him as he hesitantly cleared his throat, catching Grey Ghosts attention.

The grey dragon whipped around in a sudden movement to face Aemond. The young dragon snarled and flared his nostrils at Aemond in an attempt to intimidate the silver haired King Consort. Aemond held his ground, not allowing himself to back down in the slightest.

Grey Ghost hissed as he watched Aemond's hand slowly move inside the fish filled net, where he grabbed one and pulled it out.

"Lykirī Grey Ghost." Aemond spoke authoritatively, demonstrating his dominance to the pale dragon.

Grey Ghost snapped his jaws at Aemond with a hiss, not appreciating that Aemond was trying to command him.

The silver haired King Consort persisted on, he held out the fish in his hand to Grey Ghost before throwing it toward the dragon. The young dragon nudged the fish that landed at his feet, inspecting it suspiciously.

"Dohaerās." Aemond spoke again, his hand held out in a calming motion.

Grey Ghost lifted his head to look at Aemond, blinking at him a few times before happily scooping the fish up into his mouth, devouring it quickly.

Elia smiled as the dragon seemed to trust Aemond, or at least a little bit.

Grey Ghost licked his lips before cautiously approaching Aemond, sniffing at the net in the silver haired boys hand. The dragon nipped slightly at the net, wishing for another fish. Aemond glanced back at Elia as if asking what he should do next.

She nodded toward Grey Ghost, "He would like another fish." She said as she stepped back a few paces, allowing Aemond and Grey Ghost some space.

Aemond complied with what she had said and grabbed out another fish, this time holding it in his open hand for Grey Ghost to take it. The dragon hissed in warning at first, not fond that Aemond was trying to hand feed him, though after a few seconds of reluctance, Grey Ghost slowly grabbed the fish in his teeth and pulled it away from Aemond's hand.

"Very good." Elia said, her arms folded as she watched the two interact.

Once Grey Ghost devoured that fish too, he then went back for a third, and then a fourth, and then a fifth until Aemond was completely empty of fish. The dragon seemed disappointed that Aemond had no more fish to feed him and grumbled.

Aemond slowly extended his hand toward Grey Ghost's snout, "There's more for you, but you have to come with me." He spoke in High Valyrian to the grey dragon.