Chapter Sixty-Three

There was something so captivating about the castle of Sunspear, it's architecture was something to behold and it's aura was a strong one, with a calming essence to it. No other castle in the world could compete with the beauty of Sunspear, not even Dragonstone.

Elia followed silently behind Ser Myles as he led them into the palace. Aemond kept his hand rested on Elia's lower back, making it known that he was hers, and one else should dare look at her.

"Queen Elia." A voice echoed as soon as Elia and Aemond stepped inside the palace.

Elia felt Aemond's fingers wrap around her waist tightly. The Queen continued on without Myles, toward the throne where Prince Qoren Martell was sitting, looking upon them.

"It's been quite some time Prince Qoren." Elia spoke, ceasing her steps as she came to stand before the stairs leading to throne.

The Prince nodded, "Indeed it has. I believe the last time I saw you was years ago. You were one and seven." He said.

"I was, sometimes I wish I could go back to those days. I always did enjoy living on Dorne." She replied with a courteous smile.

Qoren chuckled before waving his fingers, gesturing for them to come up the stairs to meet him. The Queen and King Consort did so. Aemond kept his fingers wrapped around Elia's waist in what could only be assumed as protectiveness.

"So why have you come?" Qoren asked with a frown.

Elia straightened her posture, resting her hands crossed in front of her now as she looked the prince in his eyes. "I would hope to speak to you about your allegiance, in this time of war." She answered.

"Your families war?" He questioned expectantly.

"One that I wish hadn't started." Elia replied.

Qoren scoffed, "Well you did take your mothers throne. This was to be expected was it not?"

Elia rolled her eyes, "My mother isn't fit to rule, I know I'm a better Queen than she, and I have the means to prove it if I'm given the chance." She shot back passive aggressively.

Qoren tipped his head toward Elia, clearly impressed at the fire and authority she was presenting, even in a situation where it was more beneficial for her to beg. "And what would Dorne benefit from aligning itself with you? As far as I'm aware you and your husband went rogue, and you only have each other." He said.

"We may not have support from any great houses, but like you said, we have each other and our dragons." She stated, narrowing her violet eyes at the Prince upon his regal throne.

"I'm aware, five dragons my men counted. More than Aegon the conqueror had when he came to Westeros. You two could win this war on your own if you so wish. But that wouldn't get the throne would it? Without the support of a great house, the realm will never accept you." Qoren said as he rose from his throne and moved toward Elia. "So I'll ask again, what's in it for Dorne?"

Elia titled her chin up and cleared her throat. "When I am Queen, you'll be granted a position of high honour at court. Mallor will also be given high honours, which can be discussed further with him if he's fond of the idea." She explained, a slight smirk tugging at the edges of her lips.

Qoren raised his brows and chuckled breathily. "That is certainly quite the convincing offer." He admitted, "But I must insist something further."

Elia titled her head with a frown. "Please." She said, glancing at Aemond a moment to see how he was reacting. His expression was sour on Qoren.

Qoren grinned before shifting back to sit in his throne. He took a heavy breath before speaking. "My children—" he began, looking between Elia and Aemond. "You two are married, and I would expect you would create some heirs later down the track. Presumably once this war is over. My eldest daughter is my successor as you know, but I want for my youngest son or daughter to be betrothed to your first child, so that they might one day become consort." He explained, crossing his left leg over his right and leaned back in the throne.