Chapter Six

Aegon and Elia walked arm and arm together through the long stone halls of the castle, following along the path before arriving at the Queens chambers. Aegon stepped forward and knocked on the door before stepping back again, still keeping his arm linked with Elia's.

The two large doors opened with a creak to reveal Rhaenyra and Alicent standing together, speaking about something neither Aegon nor Elia could hear.

"Elia" Rhaenyra exclaimed with a smile as she saw her daughter.

"Mother" Elia replied before unlinking with Aegon to meet her mother with a hug.

"Thank you Aegon" Alicent said gratefully to her eldest son.

Aegon nodded before turning around and disappearing back the way he had came.

"So what is it you needed to speak to me about?" Elia asked as she turned to Alicent.

Rhaenyra gently took hold of her daughters shoulder, "Alicent just wants to make sure we are going to be respectful of your Uncle Vaemond's testimony during the trial" Rhaenyra explained.

Elia screwed up her nose in annoyance, "Perhaps he should be respectful of Lucerys claim to Driftmark. Corlys did after all, name Lucerys his successor not Vaemond" she scowled.

Alicent frowned, "Vaemond has just an equal claim as your brother does, it is law that we allow him this trial, please, all I ask is you especially hold your tongue" The Queen said pointedly, she was aware of Elia's fiery nature and knew she wouldn't sit idly while Vaemond attempted to dethrone Lucerys.

Elia grumbled and was about to argue when her mother grabbed her hands and looked at her pleadingly. With a huff Elia hesitantly agreed, though she wasn't sure if she would be able to keep her word.

"Excellent, now, shall we go?" Alicent said.

Rhaenyra nodded, placing her hand on her daughters back to guide her out of Alicents chambers.

As the guards opened the doors for Elia and Rhaenyra, Aegon was revealed on the other side, with his hands crossed in front of him.

Elia tilted her head in confusion, "Aegon? You're still here?" She asked.

He nodded before offering his arm to her again, "I'm your escort remember" he said with a smirk.

Elia rolled her eyes before linking her arm with Aegon's and began walking side by side with him, leaving her mother to walk with Alicent.

Aemond's gaze sharpened as he saw his brother walking arm in arm with Elia. Aemond's fists balled as he watched them walk across the throne room happily.

Elia glanced over at Aemond who had an expression he couldn't hide, he was fuming with anger, she didn't know why he seemed to enraged but just incase it had something to do with her and Aegon she took the chance. With a smirk thrown towards Aemond she shuffled her body closer into Aegon's as he walked her across the throne room and over to where Daemon and her brothers were standing.

Elia unhooked her arm with Aegon's and gave him a smile, "Thank you Aegon" she said.

"Of course Princess" he replied, returning the smile before turning and making his way over to where his sister and brother were standing.

...

Elia made her way out of the throne room, her hands tucked behind her back as she walked, surprised to say the least by the events that occurred just minutes prior. It appeared Vaemond wouldn't be getting lordship of Driftmark anytime soon, but on the bright side, he was allowed to keep his tongue, Daemon made sure of that.

Elia was just about to make her way out into the royal gardens when a firm hand wrapped itself around her upper arm and yanked her back.

Aemond hummed to himself as he leaned down to Elia, "What was that?" He demanded lowly.

Elia ripped her arm free of Aemond's grip and glared at him, "I don't know what you're talking about" she said innocently.

Aemond narrowed his eye sharply on Elia, "Don't play dumb with me Princess" he warned.

Elia smirked and leaned forward towards Aemond's face, their noses almost touching, "Jealous?" She teased, though confidence in her tone, she doubted the chances of Aemond being jealous, she only said it to rile him up.

Aemond chuckled breathily as he kept his face close to Elia's, "Like I've said Princess, my tastes lie elsewhere, but please, continue your fantasies if that pleases you so much" he taunted back.

"You've about gotten on my last nerve you insufferable cunt" Elia spat, her temper now getting the better of her.

Aemond took hold of Elia's arm once more, holding it tightly, intent on inflicting a small amount of pain to her, "Watch your tongue, or I'll have no objections to remove it" he hissed.

"Perhaps I'll take your head first, such threats are treasonous" Elia seethed.

"I doubt you could even touch me" Aemond challenged as he leaned over more into Elia, their nose tips scraping thinly against one another.

"Would you like a bet?" She offered with a smirk.

Aemond hummed, returning her smirk.

"Let us meet in the courtyard in an hour, if I beat you, you have to leave me alone. For good" Elia said.

Aemond chuckled, "Alright, but when I win, you have to get down on your knees and apologise to me" he stated.

Elia scoffed, "and what is it I'm apologising for?" She questioned.

"Taking my eye" he said.

Elia stepped back slightly, she hadn't expected Aemond to say that of all things. The Princess frowned as she looked upon Aemond's eye patch before speaking, "You know I had nothing to do with that" she scowled.

"You were there weren't you? You attacked me, five of you against one of me" he retorted.

"You stole Vhagar from Rhaena" Elia argued with a deep glare.

"A dragon is not property, it cannot be inherited, besides, even if I hadn't claimed Vhagar, your cousin would have never been able to, she would've been burned alive" Aemond said.

Elia stepped forward and grabbed Aemond by his collar, jerking him down to meet her glaring eyes, "Do not act as though you're this amazing man who managed to tame the legendary Vhagar" she spat.

He chuckled lowly at her, "But I am such a man" he replied.

She yanked at his collar once again, gripping it tightly in her hands, "Well let's see how high and mighty you are after I kick your ass" Elia said before roughly letting go of Aemond and turning as she was about to walk away, she paused and threw one last glance at Aemond, "And you won't be getting that apology, blame only yourself for the loss of your eye" she said before resuming to walk off.