Chapter Sixty-Six

Elia sat in silence in the water garden, examining the folded piece of paper that was sent from her younger brother Jacaerys. She had yet to open the letter but she was sure he was calling for her aid once again. If her assumption was correct, she found it pathetic that her mothers cause seemed to be depending on her help.

She was reluctant at reading the letter at first, having slight worry that there was a small chance it could bear some bad news. Though after a deep sigh she unrolled the paper and straightened it in front of her.

Dear Sister, I regret the call I've been forced to make, but I require aid once again. The Greens fleet attacked the Gay Abandon Ship, carrying our brothers Aegon and Viserys. Young Aegon has returned to Dragonstone in a mortified state. We found him clung desperately to the neck of his dragon Stormcloud, who has since passed away within the hour. Viserys has yet to return and we believe he's been taken as hostage. I would ask you, as the eldest sister you would put aside rivalry once again, and accompany me to the wreck in the Gullet. With the power of your dragons, as well as my own dragon Vermax, Addam Hull's Sea Smoke and Nettles Sheepstealer, I believe we may be able to obliterate at least a third of the Greens warships. We leave by the early Morrow, I should hope to see you there, we will need you.

Your Brother, Jacaerys Velaryon.

Elia read over the letters words carefully, a serious frown embedded on her face as she did so. Just as she'd presumed, Jacaerys had called for aid. Though with this aid, came terrible news she'd wished not to have heard. Her poor little brothers had suffered, one in a state of trauma and fear, while the other would most definitely be made captor.

The Sapphire Queens chest rose and fell with a killer aggression to it. How dare anyone lay a hand on her innocent brothers and the poor young Stormcloud who'd been given no chance to even fly freely, bearing young Aegon upon his back.

Elia scrunched the paper in her hand as she trembled in rage, her teeth gritted and her jaw clenched as she looked forward, though not at anything particular. With a swiftness, she stood up and hasted back through the hallways until she reached the courtyard. The Queen made her way over to the weapons rack and picked up her spear. Not even a heartbeat later did she hurl it toward the straw archery targets.

"Motherfuckers!" She cried as she threw the spear, anger and helplessness in her voice.

She couldn't help but feel like, had she not left Dragonstone to pursue her own cause, that none of this would have happened. Had she been on Dragonstone she would have accompanied her youngest brothers on Cannibal and made sure they were escorted safely to their destination. Had she not become Queen, and put the realms interest first, then her sweet brother Lucerys would not have died. In Elia's head, it seemed this whole war had all led back to one thing; her being crowned. So was everything to do with this war her fault? She was beginning to believe it, and blame herself more and more everyday.

Elia made her way over to the target and ripped the spear embedded deep in its straw before swinging it over her head a few times and striking the training dummy relentlessly. She used this method to take out her anger on the training dummy, as to make sure she didn't let her temper guide her judgment, causing for her to do something foolish.

As Elia continued in striking the dummy with the spear, Aemond, Cregan and Willem all came outside to the courtyard when they'd heard her cries of rage and anguish. Aemond quickly made his way down the stairs and to Elia's side, where he grabbed her from behind, wrapping his arms around her to stop her from hitting the dummy in a rage.

As Elia felt Aemond's arms wrap around her, she collapsed in tears, the guilt of everything becoming to much to handle in that moment. Aemond wrapped his arms tighter around her, keeping her firm against his chest.