🕷️ ann91 🕷️

6:41am

i pop awake, something feeling off.

"borkov," i whisper to him, pushing his body slightly. he pops awake, giving me a hum in response. "something is wrong. check on the brat, i'll check on mister defiant," i tell him, getting out of bed and sliding my slippers on.

"what time is it?" he mumbles to me.

"almost seven. come on! hurry!" i say, walking out the room.

i go to the elevator and head down to level three. the silence of the elevator elevates my anxiety.

something feels off. something happened last night. and i'll check my camera's afterward, in case someone is lying.

i finally reach level three and the doors open.

i yawn, taking a step off the elevator and heading to dominic's room.

what is this?

my third- or fourth- time erasing his memories? i better get a fucking vegetable. no way he could have anything to remember now.

i enter his room and by his changed position, i know he's woken up.

"dominic fike," i state, staring at his body.

he slowly moves, stretching while turning to me. his eyebrows furrow together in confusion once he sees me.

"what's going on? where am i? who are you?" he asks, sitting up abruptly.

i smile.

"calm down. i'm ann. ann malecot. i've been taking care of you since the world outside went to shit."

"went to shit? zombies?!" he questions.

"something much, much worse," i tell him, shaking my head. "i'll tell you about it later. how did you sleep?"

"okay, i guess. i'm hungry."

"we'll show you around when that time comes. we'd like you to stay in here- your room- for a while. what can you remember?"

he thinks about my question. i can see his brain turning and turning, a slight confusion on his face.

"i remember... nothing. except, that i am dominic fike," he says. "is-is that normal?"

"that's okay. you're fine. that is normal. in due time, things will fall into place."

"o-okay. do i call you ann or miss malecot?" he asks me.

"ann is fine. i'll bring you your breakfast."

on my way out, i close his door.

did he really not question a single thing? i told him to stay he did. i told him he won't need to remember, he said okay.

is this my bad feeling? more like a good one!

i'll check the cameras, then on borkov with apple.

today's a good day.

i head into the elevator and hit level 13.

dominic is finally where i need him. i'll work with him for a few days and really solidify the way i will want things to be.

and anna will not mess this up this time. she almost lost her life. she's lucky i tolerate her.

the elevators open and i step off.

i could go and visit apple first.

sure, why not?

let me check all of my bases.