🛠️ grayson32 🛠️

12:42pm

we've made it to virginia and found a sporting goods store.

we all get out and walk towards the store.

the parking lot is empty so i would assume their aren't any dead bodies in there.

"what are you going to get?" juniper asks me.

"hm, maybe some hockey sticks. it'll be pretty useful i think. what about you?"

"i'm thinking of picking up a bow and arrow or maybe a crossbow. i've always wanted to try it out," she tells me.

"that makes my hockey sticks look lame," i joke around.

"no!" she laughs, "your hockey sticks are clever."

"thank you," i smile. "what about you persephone?"

"baseball bat- aluminum. that'll probably always be my go to," she says.

"she had one at nancy's," june says.

"what are y'all talking about?" matt asks.

"what we're going to be grabbing in here," i tell him, as we get to the boarded up door.

"i got it," ray says, and with her electroballs, destroys the chains, while creating a perfect circle through the doors.

she pushes the doors, they swinging open easily.

"well, i'm going to be getting golf clubs," matt says, continuing the conversation as we walk in. "can't go wrong with that. i'll get some gun cleaning materials too."

"what's taken already?" alex asks.

"nothing is taken, but gray says he's getting hockey sticks, i'm going to see the archery section, seph is grabbing a baseball bat, and matt- golf clubs," juniper explains.

"cool, then i'll go check out the knives or something. i could get better at hand to hand combat," alex says, nodding.

"that leaves ray. what are you going to get?" seph asks as we're all huddled at the entrance.

ray shrugs.

"whatever finds me," she simply says and starts her walk into the store.

"well then, i will see you guys in a bit," i say, and go find the hockey section.

once there, i look at their selection.

of course they wouldn't shelve any pro blackout hockey sticks, but they have a limited supply of baur nexus'- the next best thing.

i grab one, taking a few swings with it.

my hand to hand combat got me knocked out with a vial that could've killed me.

maybe having a weapon would help.

i grab another stick, and a holder for them, pushing them inside.

i head back to the front where i see alex.

"i couldn't choose between this camp axe, this machete with ridges on one side, or this clip point knife, so i got all of them," he tells me, showing me his finds.

"nice. those are dope as hell. look at my sticks," i say, opening the bag and showing him my hockey sticks.

matt comes, packing a golf bag with all his clubs. persephone comes with an aluminum bat, practicing a few swings in the air. juniper trails behind her with a bow and arrow, a pack of bows on her back. soraya follows shortly after, wielding two cricket bats.

"oh damn, nice choice," i tell her.

"yeah... it spoke to me," she says, looking at them. "we've got everything we need. no more stops unless it's for gas. let's go."

"you want me to drive?" i ask.

"i'm okay for right now," she nods.

we all leave the store and get back inside the car, packing our new finds in as best as we can.