🕷️ ann96🕷️

2:12pm

how dare he tell dominic without approving it with me?! what the hell was he thinking?!

a knock on my door makes me turn my head around. borkov stands at the entrance.

"can we talk?" he asks.

"if it's not an apology and explanation, i don't want to hear it," i tell him, facing my back to him.

"i don't have anything to apologize for," he says.

i spin around.

"excuse me?!"

"he needed to know. who knows what soraya has planned, but i know it's not letting us keep her family. for all we know she could be playing the long game."

"it was not your call to make," i state.

"oh well. get over it. last i checked i thought i was here with you," he says, pointing to his eyes then mine. "i didn't expect you to be this emotional ann," he chuckles.

"what do you expect? you didn't talk to me about this decision."

borkov scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"talk to me when you get over this," he says and leaves.

i look at the empty spot where he was just standing and roll my eyes.

whatever.

i'll just start my own little project and not tell him about it.

i walk out and to the elevator, making my way down to lab one. i enter the room with a smile.

i make my own decisions too.

i go to a specific section on the wall and place my hand on the concrete. a green line scans my hand and the wall sinks in and slides out of the way.

i step into the cool room, the door sliding closed behind me.

i stare at the clear box in front of me, seeing three blood bags sat perfectly inside.

the blood of each fike family member.

this can either go really wrong or really right.

either way, i'm down to experiment.

i grab the gloves that are hung next to the door, and slide them on.

i grab the clear box and turn around. i set my eye against the silver pad near the door. a red light scans my eyeball and the door opens again.

i step into the small room and head into the room we kept apple.

i grab an intravenous pole and hang each blood bag.

i've pondered this theory heavily since extracting each of their blood.

could the transfusion work?

could it make me die?

would it be a waste?

only one way to find out.

i go and scrub my arms and hands before going and getting an IV line. i connect it to apple's first.

she's more powerful than her brothers. her blood, to me, is more special.

it has to be.

i take a seat in the phlebotomy chair and rub alcohol on the inside of my arm. i find my vein and stick it in, watching the blood go inside my body.

i instantly feel woozy.

i close my eyes and give it a second, hoping the effects will die down.

after they don't, i just get used to the weird feeling.

superhuman blood that probably shouldn't be in my blood, but here i am.

after a while, i open my eyes and look at the bag of blood. seeing barely a centimeter has transfused, i sigh to myself.

i forgot how long this will take.

"ann?!" i hear from the next room over.

"in here!" i yell back, realizing it's borkov.

"where have you- what are you doing?" he questions, entering the room.

"something crazy," i simply state.

"you disappear for two hours and you're getting a blood transfusion?! why are you doing this? who's blood is this?"

"stop asking questions," i hum, not opening my eyes.

"well what are you doing?"

"how much of the bag is left?" i ask.

"half of it almost. are you doing what i think you're doing?! i wondered what you were doing taking blood from them, but this...? this is insanity ann. too many things can go wrong."

"my decision."

"you really-" he stops, chuckling instead. "you know apollonia is seven years old."

"and her blood might be the key. i feel fine. she's almost done," i try to smile.

"you know what? good luck with that ann. i have kids to look after and keep safe."

i give him a simple 'hm' and hear him leave.

he's too emotional.

when did that change?