🕷️ ann40 🕷️

5:52pm

what are they?

i mean she had to have altered their dna.

borkov and i sit in the room that overlooks apollonia fike's room.

she's timidly playing with the barbie's.

"we shouldn't hurt her," borkov finally speaks.

"we're not. i'm playing this one slow. i need her to trust me and wholeheartedly."

"you don't think that'll be hard with your attack everything aggressively attitude?" he jokes around.

i crack a small smirk.

"she'll trust me. she'll never trust you, even though you're my softer side."

"i can gain her trust again. i'm good with kids," he tries to reason.

"maybe my love. let me think this through. it's almost dinner time. i'll bring her plate early and just talk to her. can you observe her? maybe she'll do or say something important."

i stand and grab her plate.

"you'll do great," borkov smiles.

"thanks."

i head to apple's room and the door slides open. i walk in.

she sets her barbie down and hugs herself.

"i brought you dinner," i tell her, setting it on her mini table. "you should come eat."

"i'm not hungry," she mumbles.

"well, it'll be here. you should at least eat before bedtime. i've told you our system."

"get out," she states, and stares me down.

i chuckle.

"okay. enjoy your dinner. i want you to get accustomed to this. you'll even be able to meet the rest of our team. but you have to trust that i have
your best interest at heart."

"you're a liar. and my mama always said, "once a liar, always a liar"," she says.

"well your mom is gone, and i'm all you got."

"i have my family. and they'll find me. you'll see. when it comes to family, it's really important!"

"yeah, and now you're apart of our family. dominic is too. only thing is, he's not exactly the same. so, eat. and get comfortable here."

"you're mean!" she yells.

"well i'm not nice. what do you want from me?"

"to give me back to raya."

"eat. because you take your meds at nine."

i leave and go back to the room.

"she believes they'll come for her," borkov tells me.

"i can see that. i was just in the room," i snap at him. "i can't use her family like i did dominic and alex. i have to play with this one, slow."

"you think they'd find us?"

"i doubt it honestly. we are where you least expect it. we have no worry right now. soraya won't find us until we find her. i guarantee it. in the meantime, we have a little girl to turn to our side. that's our focus. no soraya. no finding us. strictly worrying about apollonia and furthering dominic. i know she can do a lot. more than her adult counterparts. we just need to get it out of her."

"she needs emotional assurance. we'll help her. get her to like us in those parental figure roles."

"she never grew up with a father. so i doubt playing those roles would help."

"two parent household. you know the effects. scientifically," borkov tries to reason.

"you really want to play house?"

"you want to continue going nowhere?" i huff, folding my arms across my chest. he's right. "say thank you borkov," he teases, rubbing his nose on my cheek.

"no."