🌹 soraya69 🌹

8:55pm

i gasp awake.

"fuck!" i scream, tears falling from my eyes.

"what happened?!" i hear v.

"fuck! fuck!" i yell, too hurt to communicate what just happened.

"ray!" alex yells, "ray!"

"shit!" i curse, rubbing my face in stress.

alex grabs my face with both of his hands and forces me to look at him.

"what, happened?" he firmly asks.

"i was so close!" i tell him, "ann knew somehow. she's going to hurt him again alex! she's going to hurt him!"

alex pulls me into a hug, and i cry into his chest.

"what happened in there?" v asks.

"it wasn't a trap. ann took all his memories. i met him in the only memory he could remember. it was the argument we had before he left to go get you," i tell them and look at alex, "ann is going to do something to him. we missed it! we missed our chance!" i say and remove myself from alex.

"you still feel him right?" v asks.

i think about her question, looking down at my body and focusing on how it feels.

i still feel him. though faint, i feel him.

"yes."

"that's our ticket in," she says.

"what if she takes him away again? permanently?" i whisper to them.

how much can he take?

"we won't let it happen. we need to form a plan with everyone. and fast," alex says.

the two assist me up, my body weak.

it was different this time; the dreamwalk. normally, i'd nearly pass out after coming back- dizzy as hell. it felt like i didn't need the help. like i was doing it right.

it has to be because of dominic somehow.

he's my link somehow, someway.

i've been trying not to believe that, but something tells me it's the truth.

we walk back to the house, the two of them assisting me as my legs still feel like jelly. we make it to the house and enter; persephone, juniper, gray, and matt waiting for us in the livingroom.

"what happened?" june asks, standing up.

"do we have dominic?" gray asks, his face hopeful.

"we need a new plan," alex tells them.

"ann somehow knew something was going on. she's going to do something to him," i continue.

"ray can feel him still, and we don't know for how long, so we need new ideas," v says.

"i can't dreamwalk to him without him allowing me. i can try, but i don't know if anything can come from it."

"what if i try?" v questions, turning to me.

"but-"

"i know. i wasn't there to experience what you guys went through, but, i read everyone. everyone's experiences are coursing through me. i don't know why i didn't think of this sooner."

"what if we all try?" june asks, "alex, me, you, and v. we've never tried combining our powers other than the force fields. it's a long shot, but it's a try."

i shake my head.

"shorter than a long shot. it just might work," i nod.

"problem. alex and june don't know how to dreamwalk. and you need rest from your three hour one," veda says.

"i feel fine," i disagree.

"rest. now. june, alex. come on. we have to learn now," v orders.

june follows v, along with alex into the backyard.

i take a seat, seph sitting across from me in the recliner. matt sits a few feet away on the same couch as me. gray moves into the kitchen, probably to do something to occupy his mind.

"you okay ray?" she asks me.

"i was close seph," i sigh, "i... he wanted to remember so badly, like a void plagued him. ann said "sorry dominic, but i can't be too cautious". almost like she knew that i was going to give him his memories back."

"no. she couldn't have known," matt says, "she didn't and probably still does know nothing about your powers. no. dominic had to have been talking too much."

"he does that sometimes," i mumble, "yeah, that's more like ann: observant and detail-oriented."

"this is our biggest lead ray. i think we should take it," seph says. "whatever ann will do, won't get rid of his desperation. i think we're in. she's scrambling now. she had to not account for him reverting."

i half smile, the thought of ann not knowing what to do playing out.

"the idea sounds nice. but, i don't feel it. we're not ahead. not yet," i say, shaking my head, "but we're close. we're closer than ever," i smirk.

"ooh, i'm starting to see the old soraya coming back," matt jokes around.

"yeah, kind of looks like it a little bit," seph joins.

i snort, rolling my eyes.

"you're welcome," i tell them, flipping them off.