"That's Noah Cruz my best friend since like ever-"

Great. Guy best friend that never ends well.

"He's into guys Wes, not that it would matter though right?" Kenna replies giggling and leaning back into my ear. The girl is always giggling but I freaking love it. I would listen to her laugh for the rest of my life if I could.

My body untenses at the words and I look at her smiling.

"Where do you wanna go Kenny?"

"Well there is a party being thrown at my house in about an hour." Kenna replies getting off my lap and sitting back in her seat, buckling the seatbelt. Good ,she wants to stay with me.

"Ah, a party on a Monday, aren't you full of surprises Ms. Calvin." I reply making her laugh again.

We talk, laugh, and make jokes all the way back to her house. She tells me how much she loves mini M&M's but hates the red ones. She loves tulips because her Dad used to buy them for her when she first started surfing, and her dream place to go to is Sunset Cliffs in SD. And a bunch of other random facts about her. Which just makes me like her even more.

I made mental notes of all of it.

I pull into the driveway of her house, sprinting out of the truck opening Kenna's door before she can even unbuckle her seatbelt.

"Thanks Wes." Kenna says giggling taking my hand as I help her out. There are a bunch of cars parked outside of her house, assuming people are already here for the party Kenna mentioned earlier.

I help Kenna grab her surf bag and water bottle but she hesitates to walk closer to the house.

"Everything okay, Kenny?"

"I only have my bathing suit on underneath this and my t shirt is kinda short." Kenna replies instantly, barely bringing her voice above a whisper. I forgot she left straight from her surf meet and now I feel bad.

I grab the grey Carter's Surf Shop hoodie from the backseat and hand it to her. Kenna slips it on without hesitation and it looks like a dress on her. I love it. My bandana is still tied on her right ankle which I haven't asked about because I'm scared that if I do she'll take it off.

I sling her backpack around my left shoulder and place my hand on her lower back signaling us to go inside.

As we walk through the door, which was already unlocked, she removes my hand from her back and intertwines our fingers, ignoring the party and leading me upstairs.

"I wanna change just don't let anyone come in okay?" Kenna says standing in the doorway, looking around on each side of my making sure nobody else is around.

"Yes ma'am." I reply instantly. She closes the door and a few minutes later I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. A girl and a guy laughing and trembling- clearly wasted. They both look oddly familiar even in the dim hallway light.

The girl is brunette and somewhat tall and the guy next to her with dirty blonde hair, scruff on his face, and decently tall. I've got at least 5 inches on him though. Before I can read more into their appearances, Kenna comes back out of her room smiling up at me, seeing I haven't moved from where she told me to stay.

She has a white knit off the shoulder sweater and black distressed shorts. She still has my bandana tied around her ankle. Which by the way, no- I am definitely not bringing up because it looks better on her than it ever did me.

A frown covers my face once I realize she has my hoodie in her hand pushing it towards me. I grab it in my right hand and close her door behind us with my left, signaling her to start the walk back down stairs. As she walks back down the long hallway I quickly open up her bedroom door again, and toss the sweatshirt back on her bed.

"Come on Wesley." Kenna says coming back towards me and pulling me by my t shirt down the hallway, clearly not seeing or noticing the sweatshirt that is no longer in my hands.

"Okay Kenna." I respond smiling, letting her tug me all the way back down stairs.

" I respond smiling, letting her tug me all the way back down stairs