Chapter 20

On the first day they confirmed their relationship, Wang Yibo couldn't help but feel excited. He recorded today's date and talked a lot to Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan faced him with a tolerant attitude throughout the whole process, always smiling gently.

Wang Yibo couldn't help saying, "Xiao Zhan, you're really good. Do you know how good you are? Have I ever praised you?"

Xiao Zhan rubbed his hair and said, "You're also very good."

"No, what you said is not the same," Wang Yibo explained seriously. "You're the kind of person who everyone thinks is good. You're good at studying, you have a good personality, you can cook delicious food, and you take care of me. I feel very lucky."

Xiao Zhan smiled and said, "I take care of you because I like you."

His smile was warm, but his heart was numb. He couldn't feel any happiness amidst the endless pain.

Was Wang Yibo talking about him when he wanted to confess his feelings?

Xiao Zhan remembered every detail of that night clearly. He recalled every expression Wang Yibo made, remembered his nervous and ambiguous tone when he spoke.

So that was what it meant.

The weight on his shoulders lifted and Wang Yibo patted his shoulder and said, "It's getting late. Should I go back and sleep?"

"Okay," Xiao Zhan replied.

Wang Yibo took a few steps, then suddenly turned around and asked, "Xiao Zhan, why don't you want to sleep with me?"

Xiao Zhan was stunned for a moment, then quickly responded, "I'm afraid you'll think it's too fast."

"It seems like it is too fast," Wang Yibo said, realizing too late that his question seemed like an invitation to be more intimate. He hurriedly ran upstairs and wrapped himself in the blanket.

But Xiao Zhan knew what he was thinking. He followed Wang Yibo upstairs and patted his blanket. "Can I stay here tonight?"

Wang Yibo closed his eyes uneasily, pretending to be asleep. Xiao Zhan lay down beside him and naturally placed his hand on his waist.

Not getting a response, Xiao Zhan asked again, "Is it okay?"

The pretended sleeper muttered, "Fine."

Xiao Zhan was intimately familiar with Wang Yibo's breathing rhythm after he fell asleep. At the moment, Wang Yibo was under his control, willingly submitting like a docile lamb.

What did Wang Yibo like about him? Xiao Zhan couldn't quite figure it out. He regretted misunderstanding Wang Yibo's feelings in the past, yet he also felt that Wang Yibo's affection for him should be taken for granted.

Since Wang Yibo originally liked him, then he wouldn't mind that thing anymore, right?

But despite convincing himself, a dull pain still lingered in his heart.

With Wang Yibo by his side, Xiao Zhan couldn't tear open the fully healed wound on his left arm like he used to, nor did he have the time to find new distractions and relieve boredom because he couldn't bear to leave Wang Yibo.

In the darkness, Xiao Zhan touched Wang Yibo's face, and the softness he felt under his fingertips brought him joy.

It's okay, the "culprit" who hurt Wang Yibo has been caught, and no one will know about this. As for the rest... he would make up for it later.

He had infinite things to compensate Wang Yibo with.

They picked a good day to be together. The next day was a weekend, and Wang Yibo, who was used to waking up late, reached out to the side of the pillow to see if Xiao Zhan was still by his side, but unfortunately it was empty.