Chapter 17

During the days when Xiao Zhan's family was recuperating from his injuries, Wang Yibo recovered very quickly. He did not feel much pain after the third day of his physical injuries, although his soldier's problem might persist for a long time. Wang Yibo often panicked subconsciously, even at the sound of normal things like knocking on doors and the sound of the wind, which would make him suspicious and uneasy.  

Later on, Wang Yibo comforted himself with the thought that he would become a policeman in the future, and perhaps this "sensitivity" would be an asset in that line of work. He could only find solace in this idea.

The memory of that night did not fade with time. On the contrary, Wang Yibo could recall every detail more vividly, and it even made him so distressed that he couldn't sleep at night. Fortunately, he still has Xiao Zhan with him.

Xiao Zhan takes care of him meticulously, cooks complicated meals for him every day, and most of the time he also stews some fish soup and chicken soup. Wang Yibo deserves it. He always feels that Xiao Zhan knows what happened to him. Otherwise, she wouldn't have taken care of him so meticulously, and the injuries on his body didn't look like they were caused by a fall.  

Did Xiao Zhan sense what had happened to him? Wang Yibo didn't ask, and he didn't dare to ask. Since Xiao Zhan didn't mention anything, he assumed that Xiao Zhan wasn't aware of it, which made him feel somewhat relieved.

While living in Xiao Zhan's house, Wang Yibo always felt that the house was somewhat empty, though not as lifeless as before. Perhaps it was due to the added small decorations, which made the bedroom Wang Yibo stayed in feel less empty, though it was still monochromatic, featuring only black and white.  

As Wang Yibo stepped out of the bedroom, he caught a whiff of a pleasant fragrance. Xiao Zhan must have prepared something delicious for him again. True to his assumption, he walked right into Xiao Zhan, who happened to be holding a plate. "Tired?" he asked.  

Wang Yibo shook his head.

Xiao Zhan pulled out a chair for him and said, "I steamed a fish, and we still need a vegetable."

The food on the table is not as simple as Xiao Zhan made it out to be. Every day since Wang Yibo arrived, Xiao Zhan strictly adhered to the standard of four dishes and one soup. However, today's spread included sweet and sour pork ribs and fish, both of which Wang Yibo enjoyed. The pumpkin porridge emanated a sweet aroma.  

At times, Wang Yibo truly believed that Xiao Zhan should have pursued a career as a chef.

He intercepted Xiao Zhan, who was walking back into the kitchen.

"You don't have to do this, I'm fine now," Wang Yibo said.

"Almost done," Xiao Zhan replied.

Xiao Zhan appeared to be obsessed with cooking, much like his fondness for changing clothes. He insisted that Wang Yibo could not subsist solely on staple foods and meat and that vegetables were necessary.

Wang Yibo could only acquiesce to Xiao Zhan's demands. He gazed at Xiao Zhan, who was bustling around in the kitchen, and inquired, "What about the dishes that I couldn't finish every day? I don't think I've had any leftovers since I arrived here."  

Xiao Zhan's hand paused briefly, and he responded, "I feed the stray dogs." Wang Yibo suddenly comprehended and sighed to himself that Xiao Zhan was genuinely thoughtful.  

In the villas on the outskirts of the city, there are naturally people who take care of their leftovers. Xiao Zhan sealed every window of the villa on the outskirts of the city firmly, and many prisoners were locked there. All of them were like him, the rapist.