Chapter 30

As they worked together for a longer time, Xiao Zhan yearned more and more for Wang Yibo's embrace. Every day, he went to work like a regular person, obedient and never disturbing Wang Yibo while he worked. He didn't use any privileges either, but still, Wang Yibo didn't take their relationship to the next level, which made Xiao Zhan anxious.

In Xiao Zhan's usual habits, every step he took had to lead to the desired outcome. However, Wang Yibo was an exception, and it wasn't the first time he became one.

Xiao Zhan wasn't in a hurry, though. He even felt that if Wang Yibo liked him the way he was, he could pretend to be a perfect little police officer forever, enjoying it as long as Wang Yibo loved him.

Acting perfect wasn't difficult for Xiao Zhan, and it didn't trouble him either.

The only thing that annoyed him was the persistent invitations that he couldn't seem to avoid. For example, at this moment, facing someone who repeatedly approached and invited him to dinner, thinking they were being subtle, Xiao Zhan lost his patience: "I don't have time, and I already have a partner."

If it weren't for the promise he made to Wang Yibo, Xiao Zhan would have wanted to smash the person's head into the nearby fish tank.

And those ears, they were useless anyway; he might as well cut them off.

He made it so clear, why couldn't the person understand?

Xiao Zhan found it hard to maintain his composure, but the person didn't know when to back off: "I just want to have dinner and chat with you. Our job as police officers is tough, and it's rare for us to have lasting relationships with people from other professions. Of course, I'm not saying you'll break up, I just want to get to know you better. Don't be so nervous; I'm not actually confessing."

Xiao Zhan's face turned completely cold.

He had nothing to say to the dead.

However, as he turned his head, Xiao Zhan suddenly caught a glimpse of Wang Yibo's expression not far away. Even though they were separated by a glass door and some distance, Xiao Zhan could sense Wang Yibo's emotions.

Wang Yibo was displeased, and that displeasure was tinged with regret. As soon as he noticed Xiao Zhan's gaze, Wang Yibo quickly turned his head to the other side. The corners of his lips, as delicate as rose petals, formed a small arc—a tiny expression that Wang Yibo himself might not even be aware of.

Xiao Zhan was familiar with this kind of expression, and he knew what it meant. However, it had been a long time since he last saw Wang Yibo like this, and it felt like ages had passed.

Wang Yibo still cared about him after all.

Xiao Zhan easily saw through the easily-given concern and couldn't help but curl his lips with satisfaction.

The person next to him misunderstood and became more persistent after being impressed: "So, do you agree then? I can invite you to dinner--"

Xiao Zhan stood up, cutting off the person's words: "Excuse me."

He bypassed the noisy crowd and walked toward Wang Yibo's direction. Wang Yibo clearly saw him but turned his head slightly, as if pretending not to recognize him.

"It's not my fault."

Xiao Zhan half-squatted in front of Wang Yibo's desk, his hand reaching out and pulling at Wang Yibo's sleeve.

"I'm just popular; you don't have to be mad at me."

It seemed like some people around them were watching, but Xiao Zhan didn't care. Wang Yibo seemed a bit nervous, and he lowered his voice: "I know, but don't squat here as if I'm bullying you."