Chapter 33

On the second day of waiting for rescue, Wang Yibo was awakened by a strange warmth. The space under the ruins was very narrow, and they couldn't stand up, they could only crouch or lie down, huddling together. They found comfort in each other's embrace. Wang Yibo had grown accustomed to the warmth from Xiao Zhan's body, but this warmth was different. It seemed to flow slowly and gently, slipping into his mouth and making his body involuntarily warm up.

Instinctively craving water, Wang Yibo unconsciously took a few sips from the source of that warmth.

Is it raining?

He wondered as he wearily opened his eyes, only to see a pair of exceptionally fair arms illuminated by the moonlight.

"What are you doing?!" Wang Yibo exclaimed.

It was Xiao Zhan who had opened the bandages on his left arm wound and even squeezed the wound to feed him with his own blood!

Startled, Wang Yibo quickly used a bandage to wrap up Xiao Zhan's injury, and a belated sense of the bloody taste spread in his mouth, making his insides churn.

"I was afraid you were thirsty. It's okay" Xiao Zhan said calmly.

"What's okay about this? Are you out of your mind? Don't you want this arm anymore? What if something happens to you, how am I going to cope?!" Wang Yibo's voice betrayed his anxiety.

Xiao Zhan, however, seemed indifferent to Wang Yibo's distress. He reached into Wang Yibo's clothes, feeling his stomach, which was soft but unnaturally flat, probably due to hunger, which pained him.

"What are you doing?" Wang Yibo asked warily.

"Yesterday, you promised to let me touch you" Xiao Zhan replied.

Wang Yibo yanked his hand out of his clothes.

"Xiao Zhan, don't act up and have wild thoughts at a time like this. We're in this situation, and I don't have the energy to deal with any weird stuff" Wang Yibo said.

"I'm not thinking anything."

Xiao Zhan's hand stubbornly crawled back into Wang Yibo's clothes, and he earnestly said, "This is what I deserve."

Wang Yibo didn't stop him, pretending as if nothing was happening, allowing Xiao Zhan to carefully caress him. Xiao Zhan was relieved that Wang Yibo was not injured. Xiao Zhan's hand paused at Wang Yibo's ribs, feeling the slight movements that indicated the person's breath.

"Hey, have you had enough touching?" Wang Yibo asked.

Xiao Zhan shook his head. Annoyed by his actions, Wang Yibo ignored him. Xiao Zhan then took out something with his other hand and said, "I found this just now."

Xiao Zhan opened his palm, revealing a half-cut finger, with the white bone stump visible at the center. In the faint light, Wang Yibo saw the severed finger, not knowing who it belonged to, and exclaimed, "What are you doing with this?"

Seemingly unaware of the madness in his actions, Xiao Zhan said calmly, "If the compressed biscuits are not enough, you can eat this."

Wang Yibo's face showed resistance.

Xiao Zhan gave a faint smile and then discarded the severed finger. "I was just joking."

He wouldn't let Wang Yibo survive by eating other people's flesh, not until it reached that point.

He would be jealous.

Xiao Zhan quietly pressed the signal button hidden inside his clothes.

It was time for them to get out.

Anyway, Wang Yibo had already fallen in love with him again, or rather, forgiven him, so there was no need to stay here any longer, right?

Soon, three cement walls beside them were lifted, and the sunlight changed from dim to dazzling. Wang Yibo couldn't help but squint his eyes and excitedly pulled Xiao Zhan, saying, "Help has arrived! Xiao Zhan! We can get out!"