Chapter 27

Wang Yibo drove to the provincial bureau. He didn't come here often and accidentally got his car stuck on a narrow roadside. But he didn't waste time worrying about the car. He rushed up the stairs, and Zhang Yuan immediately came to greet him.

"How is Auntie?" Wang Yibo waved his hand, clutching his abdomen, which was still faintly painful due to uneven breathing. He hurriedly asked, "I called, and they said there's nothing wrong. What about Xiao Zhan? Where is he?! What did you say on the phone just now?"

"He has already gone in."

Wang Yibo clenched Zhang Yuan's collar, almost lifting him off the ground.

"What do you mean by 'gone in'?"

Zhang Yuan struggled hard to pry Wang Yibo's hand open.

"He got detained! He went to the police station carrying someone's head. Isn't he asking for death? He must be sentenced to death. And he didn't even have the intention to surrender. He's being interrogated inside now. It's said that he revealed a lot of cases. By the way, what happened last time? What is your... relationship with this person?"

Wang Yibo didn't answer him. He just stood there stunned for a few seconds, then cursed, "He's gone crazy... He's really gone crazy!"

Zhang Yuan still tried to stop him. "You don't have the authority to go in."

Wang Yibo ignored his words and still wanted to go in, until Zhang Yuan said, "He has requested his lawyer to be present, but he specifically named that he doesn't want to see you. You also don't have the authority for this case. You can't go in."

"What did you say?"

Wang Yibo couldn't believe his ears.

"Are you saying he requested a lawyer and went in with them?! But he refuses to see me?"

"Yes."

Wang Yibo didn't need to think. He knew exactly whose head Xiao Zhan was carrying. He had been trying to protect Xiao Zhan, afraid that he would get involved in this matter, but it ended up like this.

But why? Why this time, did he go crazy to the extent of killing someone and going to the police station? It's as if Xiao Zhan won't be satisfied unless he goes mad.

Wang Yibo sat blankly on the steps in front of the police station. He couldn't understand any of this. Xiao Zhan was still inside, and he couldn't bring himself to go home. Perhaps it was because of being around Xiao Zhan for so long that he suddenly felt a sense of homelessness at this moment.

Footsteps came from behind him, and Wang Yibo thought it was someone coming to drive him away. He paid no attention until the person behind him said, "Mr Wang, right?"

Wang Yibo abruptly turned around. The person was well-dressed, carrying a briefcase, and smiled at him.

"Are you a lawyer? Xiao Zhan's lawyer?"

"Yes, I was just about to find you—"

"I want to see him!"

The lawyer stopped Wang Yibo and said seriously, "My client cannot meet with you at the moment. He is still under interrogation by the police. We need to find a place to discuss the relevant matters in detail. Are you available now?"

Wang Yibo looked in the direction of the police station and eventually nodded numbly.

He didn't understand what Xiao Zhan was trying to do. He only felt that his heart was hanging in the air, restless. Xiao Zhan was truly driving him to madness.

The lawyer chose a nearby café and said to Wang Yibo, "Here's the situation. First, my client needs you to sign these documents. I've had my assistant deliver them. Each document needs to be signed twice. You can take a look first."