Chapter 26

In order to take care of the frightened little girl, Wang Yibo stayed by Xiao Yao's side for about a week. He always spoke softly and cautiously until he saw that Xiao Yao's mood had improved. Reluctantly, he sent her back.

Afterwards, Xiao Zhan did not put the handcuffs on him again.

But whether he wore those handcuffs or not, what difference did it make? Wang Yibo knew that he had no freedom. He couldn't open the door locks at home, couldn't go out alone, couldn't go home. Even if he opened that door, he couldn't escape.

He couldn't risk his family's lives to see how crazy Xiao Zhan would become once he discovered that he had escaped. He couldn't afford to take that gamble.

When he sent Xiao Yao away, Wang Yibo was reluctant. Xiao Zhan advised him, "If you like her, just let her stay by your side."

"She's just a little girl. She needs to go to school, learn how to read and write. She's not a toy. Just because I like her, does that mean I can keep her here?"

Just like Xiao Zhan did to him.

But Wang Yibo didn't expect Xiao Zhan to understand this reasoning, nor did he feel like explaining it.

Wang Yibo was still trapped in his former home. Ever since successfully taking revenge on the Xiao family, Xiao Zhan no longer went out. He stuck to Wang Yibo's side all the time, tirelessly "taking care" of Wang Yibo's life. Xiao Zhan would cook every dish with great care, do all the housework, and even give Wang Yibo massages. In short, he was always around Wang Yibo and enjoyed it.

Wang Yibo simply didn't refuse, nor did he ever respond.

It seemed like the subconsciousness that stood in front of Xiao Zhan that day had exhausted his last bit of affection.

Late at night, when it was quiet, Wang Yibo would always move Xiao Zhan's hand resting on him, and then repeatedly remind himself that he absolutely must not be soft-hearted until he figured things out. He couldn't be soft-hearted, and he definitely couldn't compromise easily.

Xiao Zhan was not a normal person, and all he wanted was a normal lover and a normal life. He didn't need to be involved with someone who couldn't even control their own emotions and was indifferent.

If he had known that Xiao Zhan was like this, he would never have fallen in love with him.

But he had already fallen in love with him, only to find out that Xiao Zhan was originally like this, causing him to abruptly abandon everything between them, which was equally painful.

He was in pain no matter what.

Xiao Zhan was awakened from his sleep by the irregular breath of the person beside him, and he immediately reached out to touch Wang Yibo's back, concerned, "What's wrong?"

Wang Yibo evaded his hand.

Xiao Zhan didn't find it strange and simply withdrew his actions.

"Did you have a nightmare? Do you want me to massage your head?"

Wang Yibo ignored Xiao Zhan's question, sighed heavily, and lay back in his original position.

After contemplating for a moment, Xiao Zhan decided to massage Wang Yibo's head.

He had been idle at home recently and had learned some massage techniques in order to better take care of Wang Yibo. However, no matter how hard he tried, Wang Yibo continued to lose weight day by day before his eyes. Wang Yibo's hair and eyes no longer sparkled with the light that used to captivate Xiao Zhan, his voice no longer sounded as cheerful as before, not to mention the radiant and adorable smile he used to give him.