He walks straight up to you, say, "Hey, beautiful. How was the flight?"

You smile. You can't help but smile about him. He puts his hand on your waist, and you start walking together to exit to airport and get to his car. "It was fine," you respond.

He grins, and says, "What was it this time?"

Whenever he asks this question, you know what it means. What stupid lie did you tell Mason this time as to make sure he doesn't know about our dating?

You grin back, say, "It was really stupid this time. Saudi Arabia. I said I was flying to Saudi Arabia for a tour there, and that I'd meet him in Qatar for the World Cup."

He nods. "Hey, that's not so bad. I mean, you'll be flying to Qatar when I am, right?"

"Yeah, that is the plan. I've got everything packed."

You get to his car, and he opens the passenger door for you, and you roll your eyes with a grin. "Why, thank you, you gentleman."

"Of course. Only for a beautiful woman like you," he winks. He then walks around to the other side of the car, but before he starts driving, he is sure to give you a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh, Jude, who are you kidding? Just a kiss on the cheek? We both know what we want to do," you grin as you lean in, kissing his lips.

He kisses you shortly, before leaning back, saying, "Shouldn't we leave that for home, before all these fans realise it's Jude Bellingham in this car?"

"Good point," you laugh with a nod.

As you drive, he says, "I would love it if you'd be able to wear my jersey during our World Cup games..."

"I know, but you know I can't. What if Mason saw?"

He sighs, shaking his head. There is slight annoyance in his voice as he asks, "So, what, are you going to just wear Mason's jersey...?"

"I don't know, Jude," you sigh as well. "Maybe, but only if he asks me. If not, then I guess I just won't wear anyone's jersey. Jude, listen, I really would love to wear yours."

"Then why don't you?!"

"We both know it is because of Mason!" you exclaim.

There is silence for the short rest of the car ride, and then you pull into the driveway of his large house here in Germany. "Y/n," he says, resting his hand on the wheel after he parks, "how do you know Mason would have a bad reaction? Like, you know, about knowing about this. Us. What if he wouldn't mind...? What if we really don't need to hide it from him...? Why don't we just tell him already?"

"Stop it with the wishful thinking," you shake your head. "Mason is a great brother, but... Well, he is also overly protective of me. He just wants to make sure I stay safe, so he does stupid things out of love. He wouldn't understand. It would ruin my relationship with him and you, and I can't have that. Jude, you're the most important person to me ever, and Mason is the second most important... I just... I don't want things to be ruined. You guys need to be separate things in my life. I can't have Mason ruining it all."

Jude's eyebrows knit together as he sees how much this distresses you, and he hugs you, shaking his head. "I wish Mason could just understand. What does he have against me?"

"Nothing. He likes you a lot, just like he does his other teammates."

"Then why wouldn't he like me dating you? He's not even in charge of you anyway."

"He's older than me, and he's always taken care of me. He is still getting used to backing off now that I'm an adult myself. It's not right, and it annoys me, but you have to understand. It doesn't have to do with you specifically, Jude. If it were anyone, Mason would get like that. That is just how it is..."